Cow elk tag question

PSC_bears17

Hoping someone can help me with this....if I have a cow elk tag for November and buy a spike general elk tag in October, can I hunt for the cow at the same time as the spike even though the tags are for different sason dates? Cow elk tag is for wasatch avintaquin and plan on spike hunting there as well....

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-14 AT 11:18PM (MST)[p]As long as it is in the same area . You can shoot your cow during your spike hunt.
2766image.jpg

Though I understand the reasoning behind this, I don't REALLY understand the reasoning behind this. LOL. One of the reason for season dates is to affect the harvest of a particular animal. The tags are allotted for the animals being hunted for that particular time of the year. This extended season for a particular animal seems like it may hurt the species as it can increase the harvest percentage greatly. Just my two cents...

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

has it always been legal to have two antlerless tags? i thought the only way to have two elk tags is that one had to be a spike/bull and the other had to be antlerless???? i too am curious as to where you found the linked page??

"Shoot Straight"

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-14 AT 03:03PM (MST)[p]For as long as I can remember, you could receive two antlerless tags per year. There are quite a few possibilities with this. The antlerless draw, elk control tags, depredation tags etc.

Good Luck to all you this season.

Theodore Roosevelt's guidance concerning
conservation...
"The movement for the conservation of wildlife,
and the conservation of all our natural resources,
are essentially democratic in spirit,purpose and
method."

"We do not intend that our natural resources shall
be exploited by the few against the interests of the
majority. Our aim is to preserve our natural
resources for the public as a whole, for the
average man and the average woman who make
up the body of the American people."

"It is in our power...to preserve game..and to give
reasonable opportunities for the exercise of the
skill of the hunter,whether he is or is not a man of
means."

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom