Coyote Calling Comp????

PJHntr

Does anyone know when/if Sportsmans Warehouse (Albuquerque) is having the annual Coyote calling competition? I posted in the Bear/Coyote section but haven't had any reasponses. Last year they had an awesome turnout and gave away some great prizes.

Hey Ono, you have some nice spots picked out over near you? Talk to me , need an area...Calling SU to get some info down in his country too.

Muliefanatic your the man, thanks! Hope to see and meet some of you guys there this year.

Here's a pic of a good cat I called in a couple of years ago. Just something to get those callers out there pumped for the fur season.

4721046e59a461b8.jpg

5B is just ran over with Dogs one morning their was 7 different packs calling to each other and back and forth, I would give that area a shoot for sure. PM if you would like more Infor.

Just picked up my new Savage FVL 22.-250 left handed last night.

I have a Howa 22-250 right handed sporter for sale. Less than 50 rounds shot thru it.

>Does anyone remember how many dogs
>took first last year?

10 dogs won it. We tied with several teams with 6 dogs but checked in at the last min so no prize for us

Last years results were:
1st= 10 coyotes
2nd= 9 coyotes
3rd= 8 coyotes(4 teams tied. Ties were broken by check-in time)

Firearm winners:

55_IMG_2348_1.jpg

Leaderboard:

319751858_2e758c7d80_b.jpg

I hope some of the local guys go scouting up on 5B behind Berrymans Ranch area off Hwy 84 turn off on Rd 145 White arch over the rd, they will find a ton of those dogs up there.

Here are the results.

1st place 12 coyotes: 2 Ruger hawkeye 243 with elite scopes and claw slings.

2nd place 10 coyotes: 2 cz 204's

3rd place 9 coyotes: 2 super novas

4th place 8 coyotes earliest to the gate: 2 novas

5th place 8 coyotes 2nd with 8 coyotes to the gate: 2 ruger 10-22s with predator camo

6th place 8 coyotes last team with 8 coyotes to the gate: 2 marlin 17hmr bull barrels.

Every kid at the check in got something.

105 teams. 221 coyotes checked in.

wow , sounds like this contest and the club has deffinately arrived! Thats some serious coyotes to hit the dirt and talk about a bunch of teams. Congrats to those of you who worked putting this together. With those kinds of awards , this contest is only going to get better...Any pics yet?

Prizes were also given to teams who showed back up to the checkin trough a randem drawing. We pulled the top 6 teams name out of the mix and drew for:
2 bogpods with hats and shirts. Form Bog gear.
2 HiLift jacks. From HiLift Jacks
2 duracoat firearms kits. from Lauer Weaponry.
2 Riflescopes from Sportsman's Warehouse.
2 JS PM4 preymasters. From NMPCA Abq.
2 25.00 gift cards to SW. From NMPCA Abq

Plus we raffled a Foxpro FX3. From Foxpro.

Pictures are starting to come in on the club forum. If you have in the field photos post them up.

yb are you guys going to have the club only shoot? What are the fees to join. I asked a year or so back but never joined , but sure would like to meet some new guys ...Larry

Yes, we are trying to set the dates now (poll for dates on the club forum). The fees are 35.00 a year. Only one team member needs to be a club member.

yb , could you please PM me with your contact info , or just send me over an email....Thanks Larry

>what is the clubs name who
>do we contact to join
>get back to me please
>[email protected]

Come on out to a meeting and see if it is something you are interested in.
I will send you an email when we get the next meeting set.
Club hunt will be Jan. 19-20th

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom