Dem vs Rep

HullinPhx

Very Active Member
Question for everybody out here, I know a lot of us on this site are Republican, The question I want to know is how many people voted for Bush because he is a Good President or how many people voted just because he is a Republican? Or just voted cuz Kerry was a Putz!!!!

I personally voted for the Republican Party not really for Bush himself.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-05 AT 12:13PM (MST)[p]The only reason I voted for Bush was because he's pro gun!!. I am neither Republican or Democrate. I vote for the candidate that supports what I beleive in...The past couple elections have had some pretty weak candidates. IMHO Bush won because there was no other choice...

Republican all the way except for one local county commissioner race and I jumped the fence on that one!...Greg

I voted Republican across the board for the fist time. Due to the bullsh!t that the Democratic party has pulled concerning the Governors race here in Washington, I will never vote for another Democrat again!!!! We had 3 votes for Gov. The Republican won the first 2, but that wasnt good enough for the Dems, so we had a third. The Democrats "tweaked" the laws and mysteriously found missing ballots in the #1 Democratic county in the state. That resulted in a "win" for the Democrats. At that point they decided that it was good enough and there was no need to go any farther. Correct me if I'm wrong, but usually if you take 2 out of 3 you are the winner, right? Not in this f-ing hippy state.
Ok, enough b!tching and some, but true humor.

Virtually anyone can be a Democrat. Just simply quit thinking and vote that way. However, if you want to be a really GOOD Democrat, there are some prerequisites you must have first.

You have to believe the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of federal funding.

You have to believe that the same teacher who can't teach 4th graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.

You have to believe that guns, in the hands of law-abiding Americans, are more of a threat than U.S. nuclear weapons technology in the hands of Chinese communists.

You have to believe that there was no art before Federal funding.

You have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical, documented changes in the earth's climate, and more affected by yuppies driving SUVs.

You have to believe that gender roles are artificial but being homosexual is natural.

You have to be against capital punishment but support abortion on demand.

You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.

You have to believe that hunters don't care about nature, but loony activists from Seattle do.

Bird-01.gif
drrsancm.gif

Eric

Partially because he's pro gun and Kerry is a putz. Made the choosing very easy.

I voted for bush just so kerry would not get into office. I always vote republican. If this election would have had a half way descent democrat running i might of voted the other way. The thought of kerry being in office scared me. I had a hard time voting for bush though. his border policies are as liberal as any democrat. Seems to me if Bush has his way we will have open borders in no time. More and more tax dollars going to people that are not even american citizens.

Great post Polarbear.

I voted almost all Republican. I just have a real hard time voting for any Democrat. Nothing they do seems to make any sense to me.

I voted for President George W. Bush. I admire the strong stance he takes on issues and his steadfast belief in far-reaching plans for peace in the Middle East and the War on Terror.

Time magazine recently named him the "Person of the Year" and printed some interesting articles about his presidency. His bold plans to repair Social Security and tackle the curious tax code are plans I look forward to supporting. Every president and virtually every presidential candidate since Ronald Reagan has talked about "strengthening social security", or "fixing social security", or "ensuring social security is viable into the next century", all of them talk about it yet none of them have done anything to address the reality that the system will go bust about the time some of us younger MM folks will be looking to collect on it. I'd opt out if I could and pour my money into my own retirement funds if that was a viable option.

There are good possible Democratic Party candidates that adhere to traditional, conservative social policy that I could vote for if they ran for the office. Men like John Breaux of Louisiana & Evan Bayh of Indiana could swing lots of conservative votes IMO.

The democrats are going to struggle as a party for awhile as long as they continue to embrace the Michael Moore wing of the party. Anyone listen to Sen. Ted Kennedy ramble on in a speech in Atlanta the other day? Or his appearance on the Sunday AM news talk show? No vision, no ideas, just the same old "Bush policies are a failure" rhetoric. Oh well, I guess I/m just another uneducated rube redneck from one of them red-states in Jesusland.

i support bush 100% when it comes to Iraq. I am in the marine corps so I have to be very aware of who is my commander and cheif. I know the pride that the people of iraq have since the fall of sadam. It was worth taking him out of power even if there were no weapons of mass production. Just the crimes against his own people justify this. I also feel that there is a war in the U.S. I have no problom whatsoever with legal immigration, but i believe illegal immigration needs to be stopped. I just don't feel that Bush has any intent of doing anything about this. Illegal immigration only helps the chances of another terrorist attack. This is why i had to think twice about voting for bush. I had the choice of Bush...Win/lose....and kerry...lose/lose...

I voted for Bush both times. You know what you are getting with Bush, moral clarity and integrity. He does things because he believes it is the "right" thing to do, not what is popular. I support his decision in Iraq, he did the right thing based on the information he had at hand. For the record I am confident we will still find out where the WMD's are. I personally believe they are in Syria.

I voted for George W. Bush because I think he has been the first president since Ronald Reagan to have the balls to take on some hard issues. Issues that, in my opinion, needed to be fixed.

I too voted for Bush because of his stand in Iraq. I lived during Viet Nam and believe Bush will complete the job in Iraq with honor for all Americans. You can't send our troops to die and then just quit like we did in Viet Nam.

I'm also puzzled by Bush's position on illegal immigration. I understand the need for a "temporary worker" statis, but to continue to allow a steady stream of illegals to pour across the border in the face of global terrorism seems totally insane to me.

I'm not too concerned about the gun issues, except for future generations. It's my duty to protect my family and my property. The government can pass whatever makes them feel good. My God given rights are not up for a vote!

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom