Double coverage

Huffmad

This past week I received both the new trophy hunter mag and eastmans mag. and while reading eastmans I find another story that was in trophy hunter. This has happened like 3 or 4 times this past year. It makes me so mad I can hardly finish reading the mag. Maybe I'm just over reacting but if I wanted to reread the same story I would just pic up the one I already have and reread it! Do any of you guys feel the same way?

Here is another thought to ponder. Who is to blame the publishers or the guys that are trying to get there storys double published?

If that is the case, you would be hurting this site, wouldn't you?
If you saw the photos & stories here, wouldn't you be bored and feel like you wasted your money on the magazines?
Just a thought...
HH

Not sure how it works but my thinking is that the double publishing would be due to the hunters wanting their story and pictures in the different magazine. Some guys read a lot of different mags, where some only a few major ones.

In the past few years I have dropped a few of the mags due to this and unwanted advertisements that fill up most mags out there today.

Brian

What same articles are ya refering to??

I don't see a double article...?

Some of the TH mag articles have already been in Huntin'Fool or in DVD's..... like the cover bull.

It depends on which one I get in the mail first... if I get TH and then Eastmans I think Eastman's has the double but if I get Eastman's firts then TH, I think TH has the double....

Hey, If I had a story to tell that I could get PAID for submitting, I'd put it in as many mags as I could. And you KNOW those magazine editors don't call each other and say, "So, what are you running this month?". 20 bucks says the editors of the mags were even more pissed than you were to see the double coverage.

Do any of you know someone that has actually been paid "green money" for a hunting story ??

JB

I know they have been giving away small gifts and some larger gifts also. I also know that last fall I talked to both eastmans and trophy hunter about putting together a artical about my dads 05 buck and bull and there was never any talk about green backs. mabe they have to be a certain size before money is shown but I dought it.

I'm happy to have been in the position of rejecting an offer from one of these publications a few years ago. Eastmans got to me first, so I wrote the article and they gave me a few trivial gifts for my effort (i.e., binocular straps, free CD). Then one of the other mags wanted the same info for essentially the same article. I said no. So this does happen, knowingly, by the editors.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom