Draw question

elkboy32

I am having a bit of trouble reading the draw statistics. I put in for unit 35 etc 3rd season with 2 points. The draw out reports are showing nonresidents drawn with one point. Am I missing something? Sorry I am just a bit confused thanks!

The “drawn out” is the minimum point necessary to secure the tag. So unless you didn’t draw, then nothing is wrong.

looking at your unit specifically, it shows 68 NonRes put in with 2 points, and 62 of those drew the tag. So you're not the only one. There were 157 Non Res with 1 point and 57 of those drew. Kind of sucky but thats how a majority of the units worked out to be with not everyone with the higher points getting all the tags

I called Parks and Wildlife and figured it out. I applied with a buddy who said he also had two points. Come to find out he actually only had on, putting me in the 1 point poll. I am doing to punch him the nards right now. Thanks for everyone's help!

I appreciate the help DW. You were totally right. I hoped the CPW had it right and they did! Learned my lesson to physically check my buddies point totals

I appreciate the help DW. You were totally right. I hoped the CPW had it right and they did! Learned my lesson to physically check my buddies point totals

Wasn't tryin to come off as a dik it's just I've gone rounds with guys in the past on this very subject. There's undoubtedly something they're leaving out, they missed the unit by a number, or the season by a number, or they actually put in for plo, or it was their second choice, or your example. Keep your eyes on the leftover lists, you may get lucky!

Oh no worries I didn't get any attitude vibe. I figured I had done something wrong. Just was hoping I hadn't!

If anyone with 1 point drew, EVERYONE who had 2 points and put in with a 2 point application should have drawn.

So he was one of the ones listed in the 2 point category that didn’t draw. Because of the reason listed (he went in with 1 point due to his friends points)

Don’t want to come across wrong either. Just trying to explain it in a different way so people understand that if you apply with 2 points by yourself, there should be no way you don’t get picked when someone with 1 does.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom