Drew NV antelope

BigFin

Just checked the credit card. Both me and my son drew non-resident antelope in NV. That really amazes me, since NV doesn't allow for party apps on antelope.

Not sure what choice we got, but all five choices are great hunts in the NW part of the state.

I am excited!

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

BigFin, congrats to you and your son. It should be a fun time. Let me know if you need any help I've hunted some of those area's.

NVNative:

I drew the Sheldon - 033 Rifle. First choice.

My son drew his last choice, an archery hunt in a unit where a friend has a secret waterhole from which he arrowed a whopper buck with his bow a few years ago. We have that unit planned out with the help of my friend in Carson City.

Any Sheldon knowledge you have that you want to share is greatly appreciated.

Happy Hunting!

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

BigFin, congrats! that Sheldon tag should be a great hunt. As a non-resident I've drawn two antelope tags for Nevada. Not that area though. Wish I could help.

Steve

BigFin, sorry I've never hunted there before. But if I had that tag The first place I would check out is rock springs table. I've have hunted in 034 right by the sheldon and have glassed over there, it looks like a neat area. I don't know if it gets hunted hard though. There are quite a few antelope in the NV record book from there. Sorry I wish I could help.

Just curious where did your boy draw?

BigFin, I have hunted Sheldon twice once for antelope and once for deer, I live in Oregon. You won't have a problem killing a good to great buck, judging and putting in the time seem to hold most people back.On my antelop hunt I hunted 5 days and came home with a 81 7/8 buck.I saw bigger, but I was by myself and slowed down by a broken ankle.If you have the time and can judge there are plenty of lopes.Send me a pm if you would like specifics. Good luck on your hunt.JB

>Bigfin, how many points did you
>have?

I had 11 points. My son had 5 points.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom