Earpiece for use with a Rhino?Recommendations?

Garmin sells a ear piece with the mic on your neck. They work pretty good. But one thing don't think you will be able to talk into one of these with animals in close. Or even have someone talk to you. The animals will hear someone even talking into your ear piece. Just turn the thing off when you go in after a elk or deer. Or use one of the new Rhinos you can text with. Or better yet use hand signals with your hunting partners.
Don't get me wrong. Just about everyone I hunt with has a Rhino .They have there place. Just know when to turn it off.

Talking is talking......that BS you see on TV is not how it works.....you can't whisper into a radio mic. Maybe some CIA hi tech stuff, but not a Rhino, et al.

I now text everything on a cell phone, set on vibrate. No sound whatsoever and no mistaking what the other guy is whispering, plus the range has almost zero limit. I have 2, in case someone else has no service or decent keyboard. The camera feature is excellent also.

I have bought my last radio of any kind.....30 at least over the past 20 years. Sold my Rhinos last year, as undependable in Sierra canyons, when I KNEW we were no more than 1 mile apart. The GPS worked, but the radio aspect was useless and frustrating.

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

I use a motorola earpiece with mine. works great. I used it on my archery hunt last year and had my friend guide me in. He guided me in to a 30 yard shot. At one point I was 10-15 yard directly above a little 2 point bedded down under a tree and it never heard the voice in the earpiece. They work great and I would recommend them to anyone.

I bought it at Sportsmans. If you buy the garmin one you are paying alot more just because it says Garmin on it. If you have time, buy it online, you can usually find it cheaper than in the stores.

So guiding a hunter in with a radio and an earpiece is fricken legal in some places? And apparently, at least one member here has done it and is proud of it. What the Hell am I missing? mtmuley

>Talking is talking......that BS you see
>on TV is not how
>it works.....you can't whisper into
>a radio mic. Maybe some
>CIA hi tech stuff, but
>not a Rhino, et al.
>
>
>I now text everything on a
>cell phone, set on vibrate.
>No sound whatsoever and no
>mistaking what the other guy
>is whispering, plus the range
>has almost zero limit. I
>have 2, in case someone
>else has no service or
>decent keyboard. The camera feature
>is excellent also.
>
> I have bought my last
>radio of any kind.....30 at
>least over the past 20
>years. Sold my Rhinos last
>year, as undependable in Sierra
>canyons, when I KNEW we
>were no more than 1
>mile apart. The GPS worked,
>but the radio aspect was
>useless and frustrating.
>
>"Being an idiot is NOT an
>art form. Give it up!"
>

Let me see if I understand this correctly; It is ok to use electronic communication devices to pursue big game, but unethical and lazy to use trail cameras. Ya can't have it both ways. I guess hypocrisy knows no bounds...

As I understand it correctly it is e legal in the state of Utah. So what state was it your friend used a radio to get you on top of that deer ? :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom