Earth Quake

I felt it pretty good in Chico. It was only around 7 miles from my place at Lake Almanor.

WoWzeR!! Damn, it was rocking and a rolling big time around here for awhile there. lol

Registered 5.7 a few miles south-Southwest of here.

I been through some in the Bay Area and this one was right up there. Thought my Cabin might bust in two or something the likebut she stuck together. Must admit, i was a bit scared there for awhile when the walls were going in and out and it feeling like boulder running underneath the place. Went outside and all the neighbors up and down the street were out too, talking and laughing, i believe everybody was relieved that it wasn't any worse than it was.

We just now had another aftershock. first the big one, then a good sized little aftershock, then now just a small tremmer...and again another tremmer just again.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I am heading up today thinking the pantry is going to be a real mess. Lots of glass bottles up on the top shelf....or on the floor now.

Good Luck Larry! Some are reporting no damage at all. The only thing i found at my place was a outside hose bib had gotten jarred and was running water. I only found that out when by the water heater, i could hear water running thru the piping system someplace so a little looking around found the culprit.

One of my clients in the country club called from LA saying a neighbor looked in his windows to see books and stuff scattered all over his floor. He's away so he called me, i have a key, to go look see and make sure he doesn't get flooded or a gas leak causing even more damage.

I have been getting aftershocks all night and one even not too long ago. I hope the worst is over...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

We just spent the last five hours cleaning up the mess. Lots of broken bottles, dishes, cups and food. We have several cracks in the drywall but no structure damage. Glad that nobody was hurt up here. It must of really shook this place...the wood stove moved four inches and our bed moved a foot. Things came off of the walls and counters.

I'm sure glad to hear that you two are basically OK! Been thinking of you all day while at work and figured that there would be some cracks and minor damage to the falling items.
We did feel it here in Auburn.

Thank goodness for our building codes. Over the years it's saved a lot of property damage and lives, IMO.

It takes a few days to get over a quake like that. They make us realize just how small we are and how powerful nature is.

GO GIANT'S

Eel

Larrbo, sorry about the mess in your nice place!! Here you just got done with a big project up here, then the fire last year, and now this. Maybe you guys had better give me the Lake house as i'd be willing to take all the stress off your hands! :)

I spent the day running around checking on clients places for them. Lots of nick-knacks on the floors and broken bottles. One client just called, said his water heater tank is split open and water running out the bottom as fast as it goes in the top. He wants a new tankless system installed this coming week, i didn't even have to sell him on it, and i'm the guy for the job! Some other work has come in too!

We've had dozens and dozens of aftershocks, some even within the past hour. Not big ones, 2.6 up to 3.somethings but i can sure feel them and kinda like waiting for another big one. I like the extra work but don't care for the feeling of maybe a big one hitting!

GO GIANTS!!!

Joey

Say what you want about earthquakes in California.

I'll take them everyday....even the bigger ones....compared to a tornado in Oklahoma or a hurricane in New Orleans.

At least with an earthquake, you can pretty much always find your stuff. In a tornado, your chit shows up at a yard sale 50 miles away.....if at all.

A Ranger bass boat, flying at 200 mph ain't all that funny, when it hits something.

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom