Eggs, Sausage, and B&G

Blank

Long Time Member
Hungry man breakfast this morning. Cook your sausage patties and save 1/4 of the tube for pepper gravy. Winner winner!

IMG_6611.jpeg

IMG_6612.jpeg

That's cool there Blank. What us gve best recipe for the gravy ? I'm making Biscuits and Gravy for my Backpacking as soon as I get healed up- 3 to 4 weeks after surgery. Will be Freeze Drying it all.

All a country gravy is basically a nice roux of grease, flour, and milk. You need to cook it enough to get rid of the raw flour taste. White country gravy is about 4 TBSP of butter, 4 TBSP of flour, and 2 cups of milk. With sausage, use the remaining grease and half the butter. Brown pork chop gravy requires adding some butter or bacon grease, scraping the meat bits from the pan and whisking. Black pepper shows up well in all of them, but I like to use some white pepper to get extra heat and spice.

All a country gravy is basically a nice roux of grease, flour, and milk. You need to cook it enough to get rid of the raw flour taste. White country gravy is about 4 TBSP of butter, 4 TBSP of flour, and 2 cups of milk. With sausage, use the remaining grease and half the butter. Brown pork chop gravy requires adding some butter or bacon grease, scraping the meat bits from the pan and whisking. Black pepper shows up well in all of them, but I like to use some white pepper to get extra heat and spice.
I will have to do without the grease or will go rancid but I can use the butter. Freeze Drying longer than a year requires most fats be removed. If FD is done right it can go 25 years at least. I'm excited to eat some good meals when I hit the White Clouds. I'm going to FD up some Pad Thai which I haven't made before. I think I found a good recjpe.

Sorry, didn't realize your intended use. In this case, I would simply get some packages of McCormick or other brand country gravy. Can last many years, remain tasteful, and only need water to fix when you reheat the water for your FD meal

Sorry, didn't realize your intended use. In this case, I would simply get some packages of McCormick or other brand country gravy. Can last many years, remain tasteful, and only need water to fix when you reheat the water for your FD meal
I think that sounds good. Mine will still be better than Mountain House. I will make great biscuit chunks by scratch. I am making Hash Brown, Peppers, Eggs, Onion, Ham Scramble.
Then Sweet and Sour Meatballs and Rice. It's a slow process sometimes it can take 80 hours to do a batch. Sometimes only 36 hours or less.
Eggnog is fantastic, and so is Yogurt FD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom