elk and deer tags

D

docj338

I have 10 pts. I have been debating whether to keep trying for the early bull hunts and the late kaibab hunts or try for something else does anyone have any ideas. thanks

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-08 AT 01:32PM (MST)[p]If you're a NR, you probably should plan on applying for the early bull hunts for several more years before you have even the slightest chance to draw a permit.

Most of those rifle hunts with 25 permits have only 5 permits in the 20% pass, but only *two* can go to a NR because of the 10% cap. And they usually will, meaning there are NO permits for NRs left for the other 20 permits in the general draw for that unit. So...until you garner enough points to compete with the other NRs in the max point pass, you're going to merely add more BPs and spend a bunch of money while doing so.

For the late Kaibab hunts, you have better odds to pull a permit regardless of the # of points you have. It's still a tough draw, however. You just have to hope the 10% NR cap isn't hit when the 20% pass draw takes place. -TONY

do You have the permanent B.P.?,if not take the class and You will be in the Max pool for deer.I saw somewhere that there are about or near 694 N.Res. with 10 B.P. for deer.Max 11 has near or about 179 for N.Res.To draw a Late Prem deer tag it takes "MAX",As for elk "Early Bull"Slim to None" with 10 B.P. take up archery and You can draw a Quality tag.or hunt the General Nov hunt,in a Big Bull unit (Bordering Indian Lands) Good Luck this Fall ---

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom