Elk of North America Ecology and Management!!!

Chump

Some days you just get lucky. Found this at a local thrift store while out and about today!!!

Elk of North America.jpg

Many years ago I used to go to the Public Library and read all of the books in the hunting section. As time went by, I accumulated a bunch of my own and some became very hard to find. I donated them to the library to improve their selection.

Fast forward a couple weeks, and I was at their book sale and everything I had donated was out on the tables for a dollar or less. Nothing made it onto the shelf!! I bought them all back for less than $20, and decided phu*ck them.

Years ago, I built an entire 8'x12' wall of birch bookshelves behind the main desk in my office, which was originally a 2-car garage. Over the years, they became filled, mostly with hunting, fishing & other outdoorsy sort of books. Now many are in the realm of collector-type stuff, i.e., 1st editions, etc.

A few months ago, I started listing them on the various websites I visit such as here. Many were autographed copies I had acquired. Sold a bunch for a couple hundred bucks but didn't even make a dent in them. I've been meaning to start selling them again, but I keep procrastinating, swearing I'll start tomorrow. But when tomorrow arrives, well you know....:ROFLMAO:

I've become somewhat of a collector after getting a batch of guns from my grandfather. OW, you just have to keep them...My kids have no idea what's in the safe! But it will go to them.

I've become somewhat of a collector after getting a batch of guns from my grandfather. OW, you just have to keep them...My kids have no idea what's in the safe! But it will go to them.
I don't have many years of reading left, & my kids would prefer my money rather than my books. ;) They're going to have a difficult time as it is getting rid all my stuff, like the 25'x25' workshop full of woodworking machines & other tools.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom