elk still packing

bigcreekmetal

Just wondering if the bulls have really started dropping their horns yet. Im heading up Friday/Saturday to do some horn hunting and was wondering what you guys have been seeing.

Last Thursday I saw 6 Bulls all with antlers intact. Two, spikes, two rag horns and two 6x6 mature bulls. Seems kinda late in the season for last years racks.
PB

I grew up in S Idaho. For me the dates were January 15th for Deer and April 15th for Elk. I did a fly over Hells canyon a few years ago, on the 10th of April and saw 40 bulls all packing together. If you are headed out I would be looking for Deer sheds and keeping an eye out for the elevation for the bulls to check back in April.

DZ

I thought I was still early but there are still last years to pick up and if I don't find a single one the weather should be beautiful this weekend. Thanks guys.

was out Saturday saw at least a dozen BUCKS still packing both sides saw 5 bulls with full racks they are really hanging onto them late this year

We have picked up deer horns from this year and seen a couple hundred deer with only 1 fork horn buck, no other horns present. But I have not seen any elk because we have been low. We will head out anyway. Makes for some good horse rides. Never know, may just get lucky.

Did a little scouting and saw 40-50 bulls all carrying both sides it may be 4/15 or even later judging by the deer every one is seeing.

Justin

i saw a few with 1 the other day. and a buddy of mine found a decent 5pt shed last weekend. so they are dropping some but not a lot i don't think.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom