Elk Units 1, 116, and 117

E

eagle_eye

Anyone have any general info they are willing to share on these elk units in the NE corner of the state. I can get the general info off of teh G&F website, eastman's MRS, etc., but would love to hear from anyone with on the ground experience concerning animals seen, access issues, etc. Thanks.

EE

Eagle I have seen some great bulls in Area 1. I do know it is a pretty tough hunt to draw. PM me if you want.

If you have max points you should be able to draw any of those units in the special draw next year. I've spent a little time in unit 1 and I think it would be a good hunt. Its not a high elevation unit but its pretty rough in some places. The unit is almost all public - Black hills Nat'l forest - except for one ranch on the south west side(I can't remember the name but the area Bio could tell you). There is good access throughout the unit. A freind of mine shot a 300 inch bull there a couple of years ago. He said there are some bigger but if you want to go home with a bull don't pass up a 300 incher. Elk are above goal so there are a fair amount of tags for a small area. As always if you get a 1/2 mile from the road you'll leave 90 % of the hunters behind. Good luck. Chip

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom