Ever gotten a tag for turning in a poacher?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Have any of you ever received a tag for a limited entry unit for turning a poacher?

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I have not personally, but my neighbor/friend did a few years back. He got a Manti rifle elk tag. He killed a pretty nice bull too.

I tried, I know 4 guys that went in every year and killed elk on a cwmu. I called them and talked to one guy who was to busy to talk to me so he said he would call me back, never heard back from him and to this day there still killin at least two bulls every year in that area but I am not sure if there on the property or next to it or not. So I say more power to them. There time will come when they get popped. Just a GD shame when you call the fish and game and they dont give a schit!

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Yup I have, I've turned in quite a few poachers only pursued 1 reward. It was a very fun bookcliffs deer hunt, took a very nice management 3x4 because I ran out of hunting time.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I've been Accused of Turning in a Poacher!

Sure wish they'd send me my Tag!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

My uncle got a wasatch elk tag for turning a poacher in.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I have a buddy that got a Nebo Elk tag for turning a guy in...

CSO

It's all about the good times...

MonsterMuleysLogo.png

I know a guy who turned a guy in once for shooting a buck, not tagging it, going to pick it up the next day only to have it disappear and then shooting another one. Turns out this is one of the scumbags that poached over 90 bucks from around Northern Utah. The ones they busted a couple years ago. I think the name was Jensen, it was 2 brothers and their sons. It was at the same time the investigation started.No reward was given, the DWR said his info had nothing to do with the investigation.

There was a cool story on KSL.com a year or two back about a lady in her 70's that turned in a poacher and got a Fishlake Elk tag. I was amazed that she took a bull with that tag considering her age.

I turned in a turkey poacher during a LE hunt, then found him myself and turned him in again.

I got nothing but the run-around from DWR.

But I have a co-worker who turned in an elk poacher and received a San Juan tag.

Guess it depends on the animal. :)

Had a buddy turn in a poacher who shot a bull (Big 5x5) on Dutton during a cow hunt and DWR wouldn't give him a bull tag because it was during the cow season, But offered him a cow tag But he wouldn't take it because he thought there wasn't enough cows on the Dutton at the time to be hunted. He still pissed at the DWR for not giving him a tag PLUS he still waiting to get drawn for the Dutton 13 points and climbing.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom