Ever noticed?

andrew12gauge

Don't know if it is new this year or not but there is an archery elk permit for 55-2 season runs from August 30-September 30, 5 tags antlered only, when you look up 55-2 in the area descriptions it lists it as all of unit 55 and 57. Then if you look in the general season for elk there is an A tag in the south hills zone that allows you to hunt any elk from August 30-September 30 in units 55,56, and 57. Think idfg is trying to pull a fast one or was something misprinted.

HA HA! Not only does it limit you to 55 and 57 it limits you to Antlered only. And the OTC tag you can Muzzle loader hunt for cows in 56 in November. Has to be some kind of mistake, wonder if they were going to give out 5 Rifle Bull tags and it got crossed up.

Nice spot, I feel sorry for the sucker that gets the tag and then realizes what they have done to him.

DZ

I noticed that also, figured it was a miprint
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

No, they have done this before in some units. In some cases have had controlled, general season,whitetail only/mule deer only, antler less/antlered rifle, muzzy and late season bowhunt overlapping. Nothing like boom's to help pass bowhunting time.

I noticed the same thing in the regs. I sent an email to IDFG to clarify the issue. They were kind enough to respond. Their response was that it was an oversight to leave the 5-permit controlled hunt in Units 55 and 57. The hunt appears in the regulations but will not be available to hunters to apply for.

>I noticed the same thing in
>the regs. I sent
>an email to IDFG to
>clarify the issue. They
>were kind enough to respond.
> Their response was that
>it was an oversight to
>leave the 5-permit controlled hunt
>in Units 55 and 57.
> The hunt appears in
>the regulations but will not
>be available to hunters to
>apply for.

I actually called them yesterday to make sure they knew. They told me the same thing

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom