Ever smoked a Camel??

Only Took One Huh?:D

I smoked a camel once. My dad smoked camel studs, I was about 7-8 years old, watching real close. He asked if I wanted a puff and of course I said yeah.
He told me suck in hard as I could, then swallow.
Cured me real good.

When my daughter was in 5th grade the anti smoking campaign had 5th graders draw up a anti smoking add. My daughter drew a picture of a guy riding a camel and another guy trying to smoke a camel and then she had the head line saying "Camels are for riding not smoking". Her add was one of three finalists fir the state, she was pretty proud.
I had completely forgot about that story until I read this thread.
Thanks Homer

We couldn't do that here.

I wouldn't make a very good camel shooter. I'd want to flock shoot.

Anyone remember the promo Camel did about 40 years ago? They gave away a “camelflage” tee shirt with little camels in a treebark pattern. I don’t remember exactly what I had to do to get it. I’ll see if I can dig it up.

My buddy who flew a chopper in Desert Storm said they smoked a few.

About half the guys I worked in the woods with smoked Camels back in the day. I probably smoked a half a pack a day just riding in the crummy back and forth to work. About an hour and a half each way.

That guy’s a hell of a shot. Pretty interesting watching those camels fold so easily. I think some people in the US need to watch the portion about feral horses. The video said they’ve culled 4,000 horses from an original 34 that were released and continue to do so.

Three older widows had a weekly get together where they would go to the local park to gossip and smoke. One week a light rain was causing issues with keeping the cigarettes lit. Two of the ladies pulled condoms from their purses, stretched them out and placed the cigarettes inside. The third lady was surprised and confused and upon asking was informed that it was as little trick to keep the cigarette lit in the rain and allow you to continue to smoke.

Amazed, the third lady decided that she needed to have some condoms on hand for future rainy days. On her way home she stopped by her local Walgreens. Upon walking in she was greeted by the cashier who asked if she needed any help. The older lady stated that she was fine and walked into the store. The cashier kept an eye on her and noticed that she had ended up in the family planning section and was there for quite a while looking at all the different condoms.

The cashier walked up and again asked if she needed help with anything. The widow again said she was fine. The cashier could tell she was a bit lost and said "you know, I help people in this isle all the time. It's totally normal and not a big deal. Is there a certain brand or size of condom you are looking for?"

To which the old lady replied...

"Just needs to be big enough to fit a Camel!"

A332161F-DA22-40AA-9F50-228266A14F2F.jpeg
04005DC2-168F-4037-93C6-2C370D887BC4.jpeg
304CA1D7-B4D6-4CCC-90D9-8EAE85793202.jpeg

Excellent video, not just the shooting part but the Range Managers comments on conservation as well!
I wish Utah would mandate a SOP for Control of Feral Vertebrates to protect our water points for use of native vertebrates.

I think it’s great. Maybe not good to watch for some people but very necessary. If there’s feral or non native animals, get rid of them. It’s the right thing to do. Australia is very liberal and it seems like there would be Acts in place to keep them around. Maybe they’re numb to the slaughter because of the history there with rabbits and other introduced stuff that took over the place.

A friend of mine smokes Camels and once or twice a year I have one of his when we are drinking and having a good time during archery deer season back at camp. Other than that, I never smoke.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom