Expo odds - here they are

Thanks. Yes, I was tired of scrolling down that post and never made it to that point. Interesting for sure and glad to see they finally posted them.

Well..........I can honestly see why they wanted to keep it a secret.:)
a20792b12a43280588e9ae_s.JPG

+1 ELKOHOLIC......kinda shocking....especially the non-resident only odds...or lack of them.....they can only draw roughly 650 people to show up....don't really look like a windfall for the local business's....

although i've never been a fan of sfw its good to see them follow through and get the odds posted. it's a step in the right direction for sure. i was kinda surprised that the odds were as good as they were on some hunts. a lot better than the regular draw for sure. i do hope they will provide information about where this money is spent. whether its on projects, lawyers for the wolf battle, salaries, or whatever. one million is a lot less than i would have thought all those tags brought in.

Henry Mountain deer 1 in 3968 odds ! " So your tellin me theres a chance "
Well I guess someone got to win.

OMG those are some dismal odds! Glad I never bought into that deal! I've got a laundry list of states I don't apply in where the ROI exceeds these.

" a lot better then the regular draw for sure". You're kidding, right?

You have a better chance at drawing a Henry's deer tag with zero points in the regular draw then drawing one at the expo.

And BTW, SFW didn't follow through on $h it. The odds still wouldn't of been posted if not for Hawkeye.

Thanks Hawkeye for saving me some money next year and into the future. I don't think I'll waste my time/money on that any more after seeing the odds. I knew they were bad, but not that bad.

Well done to those of you that worked hard on this. The UWC also made a GRAMA request a few weeks ago and we recieved these results yesterday with some other interesting information.

It appears that 82.3% of applications come from residents and 17.7% are non-resident applications. The allocation of tags to residents and non-residents are about the smae percentages with 5 tags in 2009 and 2010 being reserved for non-residents only.

Just think if they could be applied for online, rather than validated in person at the Expo the way I understand is required! If guys that live a long distance away from SLC were allowed to apply that way, it would really screw up what are already long odds of drawing!!!

They actually are about what I figured they would be. No surprises here. I just figure someone has to draw and the odds are not any worse than trying to draw a henry's deer tag with zero or low points when you add in the bonus point calculations.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-11 AT 12:08PM (MST)[p]From 2007 to 2010 there was $3,415,505 generated from application fees. In the documentation the UWC received Expo organizers have accounted for $795,287 of those fees in the way of listed projects and spend.

There are lots of projects listed such as predator control, weed control, youth hunts, winter feeding programs and other habitat projects that clearly directly benefit wildlife in Utah. There are other projects listed such as "SFW Wyoming $5000", "Wyoming/Pinedale $5450", "Lion Hunt Fees $666", "Toole-Kenidee Eye donation $5000", "Orem Pritchet/Tatloil Gift $20,000", "Chance Phelps Endowment Fund $10,000", "Jessica Clark Scholarship fund $14,000", "Kody Lowell Endowment Fund $7900", "Donations to Cancer Patients: $21,000", "Edwards-Beaver Property $14,000", "SITLA Grazing fee $3737" to name a few that have a little less clarity as to their benefit to Utah wildlife.

I am in no way stating that these are worthy or unworthy ways to spend money by expo organizers and I am unfamiliar with many of the programs listed. I am only passing along the information that should be public information and allowing you to make a personal decision on the matter.

shotgun1-really? i honestly thought the expo odds looked better than the regular draw. guess i was wrong. either way they both suck. i also agree this wouldn't have happened without hawkeyes efforts. they did end up following through, they didn't have to post em up.

Going to the Expo I never thought the the odds would be "good". Some odds do seem to be better than I would have guessed. The purpose of the Expo is to provide a way to seperate a lot of $$$ from a lot of people in the name of Hunting and Hunting related political agendas. Most of us spend more on gas and hamburgers for a weekend scouting trip than for a day at the expo. I had fun and plan to attend for as long as they have it. Maybe someday I'll even draw a tag. (probably not) For those of you who spend a ton..... go for it.

Amazing to me with those odds that someone will draw two tags in the same year. Or the same guy drawing a tag more than once.
I put in every year thinking there is a chance?

lol that right there is the reason I dont waste my money on their BS!

I put my 400 bucks in other states where I will be guaranteed a tag some day. I should be able to get an Arizona elk tag if I choose next year instead of a sore azz from sfw.

Ya it is funny people with those odds draw multiple tags or multiple years. Its even funnier how one top sfw guy said if it were rigged id get my desert bighorn tag and then draws it the very next year. LOL You cant right this stuff any better.

WOW.......GLAD I NEVER GOT INVOLVED WITH THAT MESS, I DID COST ME A FEW YEARS LONGER TO DRAW MY BOOKS DEER TAG.....THANKS,MR. PEAY. TERRIBLE ODDS..................YD.

I second that, but I'm sure the odds will be better next year now that everyone has seen just how impossible it is to draw:)

The henries odds with 0 points, factoring in everyone's points is around 1 in 11,000 for nonresidents at least, not sure for residents. so the expo odds are better but still a long shot.

There better for nr than the general draw. Hope it don't cause more non r residents to put in. Not as bad as I thought they would be. What will we cry about now there released?

In reading the above post just wondering how many hunters this will eliminate form the board? obviously the odds aren't very good, this is probably the reason sfw didnt want to release them so how much money do you think they will lose due to the release of the odds? just courious, i know i will be a little more cautious when it comes to putting my money into the pool being as the odds are stacked way against me.

If you have ever attended the Expo and thought your odds were better than they actually are. You have been blindly foolish!

correct me if im wrong but when they pitched the whole expo deal the big pitch was it was going to bring loads of nonresidents in to salt lake and have a big impact on the economy during the expo. It looks like theres maybe 670-700 people from out of state coming to the expo. Theres probly more out of state people go camping up cedar canyon every weekend in the summer.

So if there is nonres only tags does that mean that the nonres's can apply for all of the once in a lifetime tags general and nonsres draws?

topgun

It has been alleged that none of the money that you use to apply for those drawings goes to wildlife. It allegedly goes to lobbing political figures, padding Dons and others in sfw organization pocket book, ect.

If sfw ever post where the millions of dollars they have received from those drawings over the last few years it will be more shocking then the drawing odds. This is why they wont post it up!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom