Expo vs Limited entry tags ?

rutnbuck

Long Time Member
So which tags do they draw first the expo or the limited entry or do they draw them at the same time? I can only put in for one OIL in the limited entry draw. But the expo I can put in for all the OIL> The reason I ask. Say I put in for a desert and rocky at the expo and a rocky at the limited entry. Which one trumps the other? Now I am totally confused. Rutnbuck

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-15 AT 00:09AM (MST)[p]The Expo permits are drawn first! That draw takes place the Tuesday after the Expo (In this case, the 24th of Feb ) at the Salt Lake DWR Office, at 9:00am as I recall. (Don't be late, it takes about 13 minutes.)

rutnbuck, You'd need to check with the UDWR to make sure but I believe you're allow to choice which permit/tag you keep, if you draw both an Expo tag and a LE tag, for the same species. You're required to turn one back but you make the call as to which one.

DC

If you draw both tags, then yes, you have to choose. But you will know before the end of the app period here in Utah, so if you do draw a sheep tag at the expo, then there is no need to apply. just gain a point. I would take the expo tag anyways, so you still have a chance to draw one also.

Once you have possessed any sheep tag you are not eligible to draw another one of the same species in the OIL draw.

However, if you have already had a sheep tag from the OIL draw you ARE eligible to draw another one in the raffle draw.

At least that is the way I understand it.

Grizzly

>Once you have possessed any sheep
>tag you are not eligible
>to draw another one of
>the same species in the
>OIL draw.
>
>However, if you have already had
>a sheep tag from the
>OIL draw you ARE eligible
>to draw another one in
>the raffle draw.
>
>At least that is the way
>I understand it.
>
>Grizzly

That's correct! If you draw an EXPO permit and a regular OIL permit for the same OIL species, you'll have to choose. But no matter which one you choose, you can never again apply for or draw either a permit or a point for that species in the regular OIL draw. However, you can still apply at the EXPO or you can still purchase one at an auction as long as you only have one per year.

Basically, anyone that turns in an Expo Tag is a dope... I'd recommend NOT putting in for the same LE tag at the expo as you may have done in the regular LE draw... Can you imagine drawing a San Juan Early Rifle elk tag with just 2 elk bonus points after receiving notice that you had already drawn the tag at the expo..?? I would probably die. Winning the lottery twice like that would literally kill 42.6% of MMers I think... :)

If you plan on putting in for Expo tags, you should probably wait and put in for your regular LE tags after the Expo tags have been announced. Then there is no conflict at all.

For the record, I gave my $20 last year towards 4 different tags. Of course I didn't draw... But I will never hunt a LE elk in Utah otherwise. Soooo... See you guys there. :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Hey Rut?

You could consider Giving a Friend one of your Extra Tags!:D

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

OK I have a Question for Ya All.

Say someone has a Sportsmans tag for say Mountain Goat. He enters for a Moose tag in the expo draw.

Gets lucky and Draws the moose tag from the expo. Can he have a Goat tag and a Moose tag in the same year ????

>OK I have a Question for
>Ya All.
>
>Say someone has a Sportsmans tag
>for say Mountain Goat. He
>enters for a Moose tag
>in the expo draw.
>
>Gets lucky and Draws the moose
>tag from the expo. Can
>he have a Goat tag
>and a Moose tag in
>the same year ????

Yes

Grizzly

They used to do them on the Tuesday following the Expo. I talked with the lady in the booth this weekend, and she said it had been moved to the Friday following it from now on. She said I should expect the drawing around 1000, and results in the afternoon.

The expo tags were drawn yesterday morning. I witnessed the draw and things went smoothly. The results will be posted on the hunt expo web site later this week as stated on their application page.
I recognized a few names on the winner list, but overall know very few of the winners. I didn't see any particularly high profile names, so I don't foresee any particular controversy as a result of the draw this year.
Of course they didn't draw my name, so something must have been wrong.... :)
Bill

In 2012 when I drew the book cliffs deer tag,they didn't call. But this year I got a call and they said I the San Juan Riffle Elk and congratulating me on a nice tag. LOL, it was just my coworkers pulling my chain. I knew it was them before I hung up the phone.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom