Fillmore oak creek, south (late) LE Elk

kzkammo

Anyone have any luck with this hunt. I might draw the tag and wanted to see if anyone had any pics, success or horror staories about it.

Thanks

I had the tag in 09 and hunted with a buddy who drew it the next year. Tough hunt for sure with low elk numbers. I drew with one point as I wanted to hunt elk and didn't want to wait 10-15 for the better units. The weather was very mild on my hunt and I killed my bull within an hour of opening morning. Most of the elk we seen were on the north end of the unit. Good luck and hit me up if you draw.

2658downsized951107091149.jpg

mlyczy post a couple more pics of bull that thing looks crazy! congrats

i have not hunted the unit just heard its a tough hunt and few elk and lower quality. Im sure you can make it a fun hunt tho! how many pts would you be burning for it?
might be worth it if your not burning too many.

i think you can still have a great time just dont be expecting a monster, and from what i have heard dont be too picky

there are elk there so its doable!

I only have a couple points. that bull mlyczy is quality enough for me if I am able to draw I would shoot a bull like that any day of the week.

wow that is a heck of cool bull! i like odd racks! that is a unique trophy for sure.

Thanks guys! It was such a fun hunt even though it only lasted 2 hours. :) I was told by a bunch of guys to shoot the 1st branch antlered bull I seen so I did.

Oh I see. Well well my friends cousin killed a bull off fillmore in 08 that looked just like that and they called it unicorn. im going to try and get a picture of it too post but its crazy how similar the bulls look. I dont think his is as big of a bull as yours thou.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom