First elk

Bhilly81

This year I have set myself a goal to fill my first ever elk tag. I have hunted them a few times in the past with over the counter archery and I tried once for the rifle hunt. I am in my last year of the dedicated program and I can also harvest a deer as well but I am going to see if I can pick up a multi season elk tag and focus on that this year but if a deer steps out I will not hesitate to fill that tag as well. With this being said is there any tips or pointers that anybody would like to share or recommend to aid me in my quest or goals?? Still super new to elk hunting but I am willing to learn and try to get it figured out as best I can. I do know some areas up strawberry that hold some elk but it also seems to hold cattle and sheep as well. Plus that is not where my deer tag is good for either. Thanks for any thoughts and input.

OTC any bull elk hunts are very challenging. You will want to spend lots of time scouting in the any bull areas you plan on hunting. Do your best to locate the elk and before the hunt starts and then scouting for them. Expect lots of hunters even in difficult to reach places. I hope you reach your goal.

OTC any bull elk hunts are very challenging. You will want to spend lots of time scouting in the any bull areas you plan on hunting. Do your best to locate the elk and before the hunt starts and then scouting for them. Expect lots of hunters even in difficult to reach places. I hope you reach your goal.
This year I plan to hunt the spike areas and work on those for now since I also have the deer tag in the areas as well. But yes I do agree about scouting a lot and I will be out there scouting as much as I can this summer with cameras up and lots and lots of glassing as well.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom