general buck

LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-13 AT 00:14AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-13 AT 00:04?AM (MST)

Had a fun hunt this year and got lucky. Its been fun learning idaho the last few years
8202dsc00206.jpg

Here's another picture from my phone. I wish i would have gotten better pictures but i was alone when i killed him and was using the self timer. He is actually from the general rifle hunt, i would be really proud if i got him with my bow. thanks for the comments!

49232013_buck.jpg

No wonder your arm hurts from patting yourself on the back. Heck of a buck, then add general hunt and bow. Hope it's (arm) better by next season!

Haha I can see reading it over it does come off as patting myself on the back! Didn't mean it to come off that way. Also just to be clear I didn't get him with a bow, it was the rifle tag.

If you would have been happier to take him with a bow, why didn't you? Makes no sense to me when people say that while sitting behind their rifle killed deer.

Best way to kill stuff with a bow, is to use one :)

Nice buck regardless, congrats!

Easy NickM I'm with you Forky, I hunt with a bow and a rifle. Always more satisfation with a bow. Doesn't mean your not happy to get one!!!! Awesome buck.

DZ

Was something I said untrue?

There are a ton of people who post pics online of a rifle killed deer, only to be followed up by a comment like his... "I wish I had killed it with my bow". Only thing stopping you from doing that is the moment you grab the bang stick.

If you are going to kill it, then regret it later or wished it was done another way, that seems a bit unfullfilling to me. Maybe I am weird but if you are not going to be happy with it, why do it?

Again, great buck, don't act like you are not happy with it or how you got it.

Your right NickM he looks very unhappy with himself in that first picture.

Great buck. Try to ignore those that feel the need to tell others what to say, and how to act.

I'm more than happy with the buck, didn't mean to make it sound any different. If I hadn't seen a buck like this on the rifle hunt id be out there now with a bow. Just love Idaho for the opportunity to do both on the same tag!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom