Good eats etc in Boise area

marburg

Very Active Member
Have an opportunity to visit Boise coming up in April/May. Don't worry, I am not staying, just going to be there for a few days then continuing on south.

Any good eats in and around Boise?

Anything the Mrs and I should do/see while we are there.

Capitol Cellars is a good place, it too is pricy but if you are looking for fine dining it is probably one of the best in Boise

Eureka Boise (not your usual burger, highend), Boise Fry Company (6 different kinds of fry's), Chandlers (high end), any of the breweries.

This is how it all starts. Non-resident starts asking questions on our favorite hangouts. They start wondering about gluten-free options, maybe if they have a keto friendly option. Next thing we know, you can't turn a corner without seeing truffle-parm fries with aioli. Mark my words......

:)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-19 AT 11:33AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-19 AT 11:32?AM (MST)

So Elkboy, for fun how long have you/family been in Idaho? I'm in Oregon and show up with Oregon plates you going to run me out of town?

DZ

Edit, I'm Gluten free. I guess having Celiac Disease makes me out to be even worse of a NR.

Marburg there used to be a cafe on the Nampa Caldwell BLVD called "Say You Say Me". A great breakfast place if you like home style food. The Omelets said "eight eggs or so".

>This is how it all starts.
>Non-resident starts asking questions on
>our favorite hangouts. They start
>wondering about gluten-free options, maybe
>if they have a keto
>friendly option. Next thing we
>know, you can't turn a
>corner without seeing truffle-parm fries
>with aioli. Mark my words......
>
>
>:)
Does someone have truffle-parm fries? I'm not above that!

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-19
>AT 11:33?AM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-19
>AT 11:32?AM (MST)

>
>So Elkboy, for fun how long
>have you/family been in Idaho?
> I'm in Oregon and
>show up with Oregon plates
>you going to run me
>out of town?
>
>DZ
>
>Edit, I'm Gluten free. I
>guess having Celiac Disease makes
>me out to be even
>worse of a NR.
>
>Marburg there used to be a
>cafe on the Nampa Caldwell
>BLVD called "Say You Say
>Me". A great breakfast
>place if you like home
>style food. The Omelets
>said "eight eggs or so".
>
Lol, whenever I'm walking through a parking lot and have to take a leak, I look for out of state plates for a tire to pee on!

Bittercreek/Diablo & Sons for sure. As local as it gets. Drink Idaho Beer.

I can vouch for elkboy on his ID status. Bred/Born/Cut his teeth in 208. Quite a few guys on the webs here sporting an ?Idaho handle? that aren't Idaho guys.

We know we're quickly becoming outnumbered and mostly monitor these forums to keep tabs on folks rolling into country; so we can say goodbye to some favorite spots and find new ground to hunt. It's not sour, it's new Idaho. Just the new way of doing business.

Best of luck to all

Quickly out numbered happened awhile ago... sad but what the hell, embrace the good ones and shun the bad. It'll all work out...

Second vote for Westside....get some!!

Pure Idaho native here, I've never left, and never will, Idaho is to great of a State. NR moving in want the same that we cherish...to be honest, I can't blame them. I live around a lot of Californians that have moved up here, they are all GOOD people in my opinion...not enough time in a day to worry about it....

>Second vote for Westside....get some!!
>
>Pure Idaho native here, I've never
>left, and never will,
>Idaho is to great of
>a State. NR moving
>in want the same that
>we cherish...to be honest, I
>can't blame them. I
>live around a lot of
>Californians that have moved up
>here, they are all GOOD
>people in my opinion...not enough
>time in a day to
>worry about it....

A reasonable post! Yeah!

Sorry Jet Sled I cross the boarder about every two weeks. I have Grandchildren to visit. My lifetime Idaho license gives me the privileged of hunting Idaho every year. I even shot one of your six point bulls last year. Maybe we had better pull out the pedigree chart to see if it is Okay to hunt in Idaho. Or heaven forbid move there. Let see One of my Grandfathers walked to Idaho from Nebraska in 1905, landed in Glens Ferry for a bit then on to Meridian where he bought land and started a Dairy. The other one is from the Riggins area and since he was half Indian I have no Idea how long my family lived in Idaho. But I guess I should listen to you folks and stay out or my tires will get peed on. By the way they get peed on by lots, but most are dogs.

DZ

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-19 AT 09:59AM (MST)[p]

OK, since I'm a NON-resident, I'll throw in a couple places I really like that I've found when I'm up there duck hunting...

Brick 29 is a great place in Nampa. Very good food and service, nice atmosphere.

For a hidden gem that a lot of locals don't know about, Parma Ridge Winery and Bistro is excellent. They do a great job with food, most diners eat in the Barrel Room among racks of barrels of aging wine. Nice atmosphere! I live near one of California?s wine regions and have a handful of wineries and vineyards as clients (I'm a Banker,, specializing in Ag lending). I can very honestly say that Parma Ridge makes wines that?d be right at home, in terms of quality, with many of our California wines. And, if you're a beer drinker, they also make some excellent beers. I prefer their lager, while my son and some friends think their IPA might be the best they've ever tried. It's about a 30-40/minute drive west of Boise, just north of the highway between Homedale and Parma. Storm and Stephanie, the owners, do a wonderful job! We eat at Parma Ridge regularly when we're at the duck club.

PS - Parma Ridge is fairly small, so reservations are a good idea.

You Idaho natives I feel for you, but you aren't alone in your communities being infiltrated by outsiders.

I had to google truffle parm fries.

>"Bacon" in downtown. Going there for
>lunch today.
>You won't be disappointed.
>PB

Anything named "Bacon" has got to be good. I will have to check it out.

>This is how it all starts.
>Non-resident starts asking questions on
>our favorite hangouts. They start
>wondering about gluten-free options, maybe
>if they have a keto
>friendly option. Next thing we
>know, you can't turn a
>corner without seeing truffle-parm fries
>with aioli. Mark my words......
>
>
>:)

Not worried about gluten free or keto but I am not above harming some parm fries with aioli....

Bacon is a very popular place. I at there two weeks ago for the first time, and it didn't do much for me, but then I went with the server's recommendation even though it did not sound good to me.

I would do whatever it takes to get in to Epi's in Meridian. Sure it is a 10 minute drive from Boise, but it is well worth it!!! I finally got a seat there after trying for like four years (I don't live in Boise, but everytime I was in town I would try to eat there. They were either closed, or not taking further reservations) I would call right now and make a reservation...talk to Chris or Gina......208-884-0142.

I would also highly recommend Leku Ona on the Basque Block. I have eaten there a couple times before, and left there wanting them to cart me out in a wheel barrow, because I was so stuffed.

If you are looking for a nice, upscale and romantic setting, hit the restaurant in Hotel 43. They have a live jazz band playing and fresh seafood flown in every 24 hours.

I was just in Boise for the big Hunting and Fishing show, and gained about 8 pounds.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom