Greatest Mule Deer Hunter of all time?

A.T weindler
ranger peeler to name a few , don’t know any moderen guys that aren’t social media cheaters or theives
IMG_0145.jpeg
IMG_0120.jpeg
IMG_0119.jpeg
IMG_0118.jpeg
IMG_1316.jpeg
IMG_1687.jpeg
IMG_0314.jpeg

Mike Barrett, he has killed 40 pope and young mule deer with a stick bow and several of those over 200”. Just a blue collar carpenter from Wyoming. I don’t think anybody can touch that or ever will, unless mule deer make a miraculous recovery. He told me there is “too many people and not enough deer”.

Best of all time LOL! Pretty narrow views of “all time”

Watched that American buffalo show Ken burns made. Talked about some Irish lord that came over here in the mid 1800’s. Killed some 3000 deer, 2000 elk 4000 some odd buffalo and who knows how many prong horns , bears and whatever else was walking around in a 3 year hunt. I bet some of them were pretty big…..yeah, best of all time I’m sure…

I agree that none of the big money people that buy high end tags and are guided are part of this conversation. On my list are Robby Denning, Jason Carter and Mike Herschi I have met all three and the knowledge they have acquired and their results are at the top. Robby and Mike primarily hunt alone. Jason has a crew that simply knows how to get it done but on his own he would still be a killer.

A mule deer hunter that selectively hunted big deer in the late 60’s-80’s has a handful over 200” and 3 over 250”.
What a time in our history…

I would hope that there is a % of MM’s that are not ignorant to the fact that multiple hunters have killed 220+ deer in their lifetime, it might be quantified by us peeons, but it’s happened allot.

There are a lot of them and I don’t want to take anything away from them. Who is the best or who thinks they’re the best. I’m lucky I have friends that have huge collections of the biggest Mule Deer ever killed, it’s truly amazing putting your hands on these giants. The guys that killed really big Deer In the Glory Days are dying and some of these fellows took quite a few Big Deer. 240 to 280. You can name an old timer like Ted Riggs or Kirk Darner. Who is the best - Thomas Baker- Jason Carter- Ryan Hatch- Clay Bundy - Jimmy John -Doyle Moss- Hush - Camron Haase
HUSH & Cameron Hanes? How dare you list those guys with some of the greats. That’s some major disrespect. Hopefully you find the real answers your looking for. There’s a lot of great people and points being listed- learn from this post. And know the that those idiots are not even in the top 100 of Mule Deer Hunters let alone the “best of all time” I’m going with Carter, Moss and Hatch. The decades speak for themselves.

I’ve been doing some research. I’m thinking it would be a Blackfoot, Shoshone, or a Ute, Native American but I don’t know his name.

He deserves a mention, even though he is better known for saving the western mule deer as we currently know them. He’s single handedly taken utah from a barren waste land of pizz poor pathetic wildlife mismanagement and has molded the beehave current state of Serengeti. He very well maybe both the savior of Mule deer yet an elite top shelf pursuant of the species.
Good luck in the late hunts to all the tag holders.

IMG_7027.jpeg

How about a little Wine with your Deer. Mr Gallo knows Big BucksView attachment 125981
Mr. Gallo wouldn't kill anything without his Guides........I'm not shitting on him for having money because lord knows I'd do the same thing. I'm just saying the thread is "Greatest Mule Deer Hunters Of All Time" not "Greatest Mule Deer SHOOTERS Of All Time" the guys responsible for finding this deer for this harvest are the real hunters. In my humble opinion. just saying 🤷‍♂️, still like to see his harvest's every year so at least some of us can see deer like this still exist haha.

Wait you guys almost forgot. What about the Eastmans =🤡. 😂😂😂 “No fences here.” DIY experts

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom