HARD TO BELIEVE!!!

dropper10

I'm usually not one to pitch a fit, but this is UNREAL! ! The DWR requires a harvest survey after a limited entry hunt. This info is so important to them that they will charge $50 if not done within 30 days of your hunt. So instead of giving the sportsman a heads up or reminder, they send you an email on the 31st day stating that you need to submit your harvest survey, but cannot do it until the $50 is paid in full!!!! UNREAL!!! I cant imagine how many people have forgotten like myself. What do you all think????

I received a few emails of reminders, as well as information in the mail about it with the tooth data that was required for my elk hunt. I guess what I am trying to say is it seems harder to believe you received non of this for your hunt? It also clearly states this in the regs? Personal responsibility, it works wonders. Quit shifting the blame to someone else.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-15 AT 00:36AM (MST)[p]Hey dropper10?

I'll bet you were Payin way more Attention when you received your 'SUCCESSFUL' Notice last Spring?:D

EDIT:You had a Month to take care of it!:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

I received multiple reminder emails and letters before my hunt even started, while it was going on, and after it finished. The amount of notice given was the most generous I've ever seen.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-15 AT 06:40AM (MST)[p]>I'm usually not one to pitch
>a fit, but this is
>UNREAL! ! The DWR
>requires a harvest survey after
>a limited entry hunt.
> This info is so
>important to them that they
>will charge $50 if not
>done within 30 days of
>your hunt. So instead
>of giving the sportsman a
>heads up or reminder, they
>send you an email on
>the 31st day stating that
>you need to submit your
>harvest survey, but cannot do
>it until the $50 is
>paid in full!!!! UNREAL!!!
> I cant imagine how
>many people have forgotten like
>myself. What do
>you all think????

That you should return to being the sort of person who does not pitch a fit. We got so many notices with my LE hunt that my 5 year old took to reminding me about harvest surveys.

If you don't want a deadline to bite you in the a**, don't miss it. And if you miss it, pay up.

Heck, I've received two emails about my harvest survey for my doe pronghorn. The rules are pretty clear on surveys for LE hunts. It sucks that it slipped your mind, which I'm sure happens to others. But it's not the DWR's fault it slipped your mind and you didn't follow the rule.

I think NMG&F has a hunt survey and if you don't send it in you won't be able to draw the next year until the form is filled out. I'm not sure if there is a fine are not.
DWR must need they numbers sooner than other states and that's what is driving the fines.
Still sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Thanks for your time
Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

My dad had a LE tag this year and we joked all summer and fall because of the amount of reminders he received about his harvest survey. Crap, it seems like he got 50 reminders!

>My dad had a LE tag
>this year and we joked
>all summer and fall because
>of the amount of reminders
>he received about his harvest
>survey. Crap, it seems like
>he got 50 reminders!

So?

A Buck a piece if You Don't answer one of them?:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

This is why you read EVERYTHING and understand EVERYTHING that the DWR expects. I did my research and read the part where you have to fill out a survey within 30 days. Thats the first thing I did when I got home because I did not want to give the DWR any more of my money.

Nothing is free in this country. Not even an unpunched tag....

I think it sucks you forgot. Everyone hates it when a deadline passes and you suddenly realize it... I feel for ya.

It sounds like maybe there were communications out there, but maybe you weren't getting them correctly..?? Or you were skipping over them.

My dad's LE hunt recently did come with reminders.

Sorry brotha. The $50 stings for sure. And I empathize. :-(

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

That sucks, it happened to my brother a few years ago. For my LE antelope hunt this year, I think I got 3 emails and a written letter. I did the survey the day after I got home from the hunt. Since my brother got charged the $50. I make sure to get it done right after the hunt.

If you fail to report on a hunt in AK, you are not allowed to apply for any special permits the following year. I think you should be happy you were fined only $50.

FYI- I received another email reminding me to do my survey before the hunt ended, and have received 2 emails more this week after the hunt ended reminding me to do my survey. Kind of annoying, but I finally did it today.

This experience is consistent with the other tags I've held that required a harvest survey to be completed. Lots of reminders. No excuse to miss this requirement.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom