how do you call coyotes

M

MuleyDaddy

Me and my buddies drive around alot looking for coyotes and every once in awhile get lucky and see one. But i was wondering if anyone could help me make my own luck by calling coyotes in these summer months. I can call them okay in the winter but i dont know the methods to use in the summer. If you have any advice it would be very useful.

thanks, nick

I call around water holes. I call in the evening instead of the morning, and space my calls out more. I sit longer then in the winter as well.

Try using a coyote pup in distress call.The pups should be moving out around the dens. coyotes get really upset if the think another coyote has invaded their teritory and are killing a pup. This works well in late may, june and july.Also if you hunt in an area with allot of deer. try using a fawn in distress its like ringing the diner bell. good luck

Wow im suprised i was the only one to reply.Am i the only yote killer in here.

Okay, you go out looking to call in a cougar, bobcat, or even a bear and sure enough, you'll get a coyote to come in. At least thats how I do it.:) Oh yea, I've even called in a coyote while out turkey hunting, with just a little hen talk.
later
shep

>Me and my buddies drive around
>alot looking for coyotes and
>every once in awhile get
>lucky and see one. But
>i was wondering if anyone
>could help me make my
>own luck by calling coyotes
>in these summer months. I
>can call them okay in
>the winter but i dont
>know the methods to use
>in the summer. If you
>have any advice it would
>be very useful.
>
>thanks, nick

try A very aggresive howl the a FEW pup cries evey few minutes they will come if they are there they will most likly de adults callemdropem

i howled one up the other day. i heard him howl then i howled right back and shot him at just under 100 yards
thanks for the help fellas.

april may june and july a pup in distress works great howling works great too also a fawn in august i stop using howls as the male pups have got out on there own and they will be intimadated if you are after a domanent pair the howls still work but you will get more in a day if you go to prey soumds there will be lots of hungery pups who wont to beat everyone else to that rabbit threw the fall use just pray sounds to take all coyotes if you are after the domanet pair pup or coyote in distress or use a grunt call and make a deer in distress with howls barks and wines the domanent pair will try to take larger game than individual coyote and you can consentrate your efferts on them buy using larger game sounds or agressive howls if you are out for fun shoot them all if you are controlling problems go after the domenate pair

I heard a live jackrabbit with a jumper cable hooked to each ear and the other end on a battery hooked to a 90 amp alternator works pretty well. ;-)

One thing that works for me is find an area that you can cover alot of terrain with one stand. Coyotes can hear very well, as you know, and they will cover amazing distances in short amounts of time. One more hint--if you are in fox territory try a fox pup in distress. I called in four at one time with only one short interval of fox pup in distress.

Ok, I'm only 14, and have a jackrabbit in distress call. I want some coyote pelts to tan this winter, and I want to do my part in the deer management. hehe, how do I exactly use this thing? I will be using it in the fall and winter since that is when their hair is really nice. Also, if anybody gets anything this fall around wenatchee, give me a call and I will skin and dispose of the yote for you. As long as I get the hide. Just send my a pm to get my number. Thanks again.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome, right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom