How many tags a year?

LAST EDITED ON May-05-16 AT 01:22AM (MST)[p]Well I live in Montana so deer and elk are OTC. That being said I put us in for the big three (12 total), plus trophy deer and elk(there's another 8). I also do Antelope buck (4). Plus deer, elk, and antelope antlerless (12 more tags). Plus a couple out of state tags for myself, holy carp that's a lot of tags. (36 in state plus whatever happens out of state). We never get the big 3, we sometimes get a trophy deer or elk but rarely, but when it comes to antelope and antlerless tags we do pretty good year to year. I have yet to get an out of state tag but I do put in for trophy units so tags are not expected. And yes we eat it all but I do give at least one animal to my mom and if possible one to a friend that does not hunt but loves wild game. I can eat game most nights so rarely is it a challenge to eat it up. I do love me some back straps. I think the most tags drawn was 6 but keep in mind again that general deer and elk are OTC, I have never not filled deer tags.

This year is 4 at least, maybe more depending on UT and WY results. As many as 5 one year, maybe 6. Wish I had the money and vacation to make it an even 20 hunts each year ;)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I had four deer tags in four states last year, plus helped my bro in Wy. I like to stay busy, with my adhd.

Including out of state....

Avg total (w/teenager) = 6

Highest total = 7

This year expect 10-12 total, depending on draw.

Are you including otc tags or just draws? I apply or buy points in 6 states, and get 4-6 tags a year otc and draws combined.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom