HOW MANY TEMPLE'S YOU BEEN IN???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I've Never Been Inside Of One!

But I Do Remember When I Was Just A Young Kid We Looked At The Perimeter/Outside Of The Manti Temple!

I Still Remember The Craftsmanship!

It's Perty Impressive If You Consider The Time Frame It Was Built In!

Any Of You Ever Worked On A Temple?

I've worked on a few houses that the homeowners thought I was working a temple. Well, at least that's what they wanted me to believe and they definitely wanted the same standards! 🙄

I try to go visit every temple open house I can. Seeing the construction and design is absolutely fascinating to me beyond any religious aspects connected to these buildings.

Take a late winter drive down 89 to check out deer and elk numbers and stop in Bobcatbessy. I doubt you’ll be disappointed.

I've worked on a few houses that the homeowners thought I was working a temple. Well, at least that's what they wanted me to believe and they definitely wanted the same standards! 🙄
After 45 years of building custom houses, I’ve built a few of them for people like that too. Takes the fun out of it

But I Do Remember When I Was Just A Young Kid We Looked At The Perimeter/Outside Of The Manti Temple!

You are correct EA, the craftsmanship is top notch.

I Don't Think They'll Let Me In Niller!

I try to go visit every temple open house I can. Seeing the construction and design is absolutely fascinating to me beyond any religious aspects connected to these buildings.

Take a late winter drive down 89 to check out deer and elk numbers and stop in Bobcatbessy. I doubt you’ll be disappointed.

I do. That event rumbled my house pretty good! Definitely the strongest quake I’ve experienced.

Coincidental that they had just closed the building for renovation to help it withstand a major earthquake? Maybe…

I work commercial construction and the previous compay I worked at has built and remodeled several temples. I only went to one temple during construction and it’s amazing to see what goes into building the temple leading up to the finishes. Definitely take advantage of open houses to go inside!!!

I am a project manager for a GC that probably 25% of our work is Temples. I’m actually building the Ephraim one right now just down the road from Manti. Religion part of it aside it does feel good to build a top notch building. It’s seems a lot more to be proud of than say some of the schools or healthcare stuff I have built. If you have any construction experience I definitely recommend going to an open house just to see the craftsmanship!

We're Gonna Have 2 Temples That Close Together With That Little Of Population?

I am a project manager for a GC that probably 25% of our work is Temples. I’m actually building the Ephraim one right now just down the road from Manti. Religion part of it aside it does feel good to build a top notch building. It’s seems a lot more to be proud of than say some of the schools or healthcare stuff I have built. If you have any construction experience I definitely recommend going to an open house just to see the craftsmanship!

My friend and I did the finish work on a temple remodel. We knew the expectations going in that it had to be perfect and it was. But it did come with some stress. The craftsmanship of some of the Europeans from the pioneer temples is amazing. No Festools or lasers back in the day.

Anyone near a temple open house should go walk thru- just to see the finished product. People dress in everything from their Sunday best to shorts and flip-slops. Leave your drinks and smokes outside and you're good to go. Usually takes 30-45 minutes to walk thru, although it could be longer if that is the desire. There is an appointment system for some open houses, but reservations are not required. Manti should be worth the trip to see.

I spent a few years working on the St George temple remodel. I do structural steel. It was really something to see the work from 150 years ago, and add to it with modern engineering. That one was built 1871-1876.

Back in my early 20's I got invited to go work on the St. Paul, Minnesota temple doing finish carpentry. I was young and foolish back then so I told the contractor no thanks. I really wish I would have taken that opportunity. I've only been to about 5 open houses and worked at 1 temple. I think I've been inside 11 temples in total: St. George, Manti, Provo (both of them), Draper, Oquirrh Mtn, Jordan River, Salt Lake, Ogden, Brigham City, and Johannesburg SA.

What is cool about old architecture is it stands out today’s architecture is boring. It all looks so bland. I will give the Mormons that those buildings are quality built and beautiful.

Years ago the Ogden temple had a little remodel job.

Not sure what he was thinking but my boss at the time bid and got it.

But it the stipulation was workers had to have recommend.

No e of us had one(60 ish at the time), couldn't find any "free agents with one.

So he had to hang with a lift and tape it himself.

They are pretty but holy **** they build slow.

US chosen people have one going in end of my subdivision. It's the slowest build I've ever seen

Years ago the Ogden temple had a little remodel job.

Not sure what he was thinking but my boss at the time bid and got it.

But it the stipulation was workers had to have recommend.

No e of us had one(60 ish at the time), couldn't find any "free agents with one.

So he had to hang with a lift and tape it himself.

They are pretty but holy **** they build slow.

US chosen people have one going in end of my subdivision. It's the slowest build I've ever seen
That’s probably why they last so long they don’t build them as fast as a spec home.

Today the waite time to get into the Manti Temple was over 3hrs.
But elkassassin don't let that stop you I am sure tomorrow, the waite time will be significantly less. 🤣

You Guys Remember When Moroni Lost His Trumpet?
I remember. March 18, 2021, Exactly 3 years from today the earth quake occurred in SLC. Since November 2020 no new temple artist renditions have Moroni blowing a trumpet. Maybe there was a reason for the earth quake and Moroni lost his trumpet? Interesting.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom