hunter education point question

E

Elkcrzy1

Id like to get the hunter education bonus point so Im trying to figure out a few things and cant seem to find the answers on the division website. Im not sure if that site is terrible, I cant read, computer illiterate or all of the above ? Anyway, Does anyone know when the classes are and where ? How do I register ? Any info would be great because I have to figure this all out beforehand coming from Colorado. Im up to 8 points going in so I may have chance in the next few years with an extra point I hope ? All help is great, thanks guys, Gary

You just missed a class two weeks ago, I think the next one is in April. Might be a waste of time if you are putting in for the top one or two areas, you still have no chance with 9pts.

I guess I dont think its a waste of time or I wouldnt be coming from Colorado to take the class and gain a point for the future. If anyone has some info on where I can find the information on classes on the website Id appreciate it.

If you go to the post called Az bonus points on this forum and Private message Don Martin he will have all the details. He's the instructor. I just took the class and it's very informative on your odds. And given the points you have it might help you get a lesser tag but the premium ones will be impossible, even many years down the road, not being negitive just giving the facts.

Koyote

Hey Gary go back to Arizonas web site and wait for the picture in the middle of page to change to the hunter ed class schedule.It is the picture of an adult with kids in the background,you may have to wait about a minute for tha screen to come up.Click on that. It will have two options, I recommend the self pace online course.You can study as little or as much as you want and take practice tests. When you see this option click on the field day schedule and that will tell you when the field day portion of the class is available. Yes you will still have to take the field portion of the test but atleast the written is out of the way.One more thing you will have to take the test again at the end of the field day, so its best to actually learn the material. I hope this helps. Later, Clay

Everyone claims if you're in the second pool of top points you will never ever draw, Well what happens in 4-5 years and the AZ F&G doubles the tags, Or you move to AZ and retire and you become the high point leader.
My point is to keep playing the game because the game changes.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Im with ya Gator !! Im in the game, noone can kick me out and Im going to draw if I keep at it !! They could double the licenses, California could drop into the ocean, They may be using Cabelas to send in, heck who knows what can happen but Ive gotta chance in my mind !!!

This post is a pretty interesting read about odds, points, and years to draw. Seems Arizona is right about even with Utah. If you are not at the top you won't draw a premium tag. It takes many years to draw and odds suck. If you go listen to the Utards on this site they claim you can hunt 400 bulls every 2-3 years in Arizona. Sure does not sound that way?

I dont think getting points is a waste of time either. You have to play for the long-haul, but things can and do change. Sometimes getting lucky helps too!

On the home page.

Click on information and education on the lefthand side.

Click on hunter education.

You can take the online course and checkout which field day would work best for you. If you can do it in the next month there is a field day in Page on Feb 28th, thats as close to Colorado as you can get I think.

Or send Don Martin a PM about his class in Kingman.

Kent

FYI:

Our next (and last non-resident) Hunter Ed class for '09 will be on April 18 in the conference of the Region III G&F Office in Kingman.

Because we couldn't get the classroom we normally use, the class size will be limited to the first 35 who get signed up.

Of course you have to have had hunter ed in your home state since 1980, and you must FAX your hunter ed card to Dave Williams in Phoenix.

Mr. Williams phone number is 623-236-7434 and his FAX is 623-236-7903. You have to register with him BEFORE YOU CAN TAKE THE CLASS!

In our last class, held January 10, here in Kingman there were 53 who graduated, and five of those went into the max bonus point pool for deer (12 points).

My prediction is that out of that class, 5 of those who attended will draw a premium deer, elk, antelope or sheep tag this year in Arizona.

Time will tell if I'm right...I see plenty of posts from guys who have taken it in the past and who drew....

For any NR who has 11 bonus points for deer right now and only needs the AZ Hunter Ed point (about 500 0f them out there!) and who doesn't take one of these classes, well you're sure missing the boat and throwing good money after bad.

Good luck!

Don Martin
Chief Instructor
Hunter Education
Kingman

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom