HunterHarry

Hardway

Very Active Member
WTF is this..... About the fourth tri-tip in the last couple months with these "tumor" looking growths just under the fat.
98A39874-AD2A-480A-8129-7180BD091FF7-13307-00000B4BC437E78B_zps273e9678.jpg

Fairly normal, they should be trimmed off prior to sale however, if for nothing more than aesthetic reasons.
I don't know the veterinarian/biological lingo for what they are called, some sort of gland I suppose, but I've seen thousands of them over the last 3 decades of cutting meat and it wouldn't bother me a bit to eat a tri-tip with one, but I would trim it off.

Not a tick.
I see the same gland on every single tri-tip I cut, saw some like that just yesterday.
Some are just larger than others.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-13 AT 10:30AM (MST)[p]Guess I'm gonna have to trim the fat cap on all my tri tips then.....whenever I buy one with a thicker fat cap is when they show up obviously. Don't care to see em in the finished product.

The grocery store we used to shop at never had this problem, but all of their tri tips were neatly trimmed.....they went out of business about 6 months ago and we have been shopping at a couple other stores......I thought the quality of the meat was the culprit.

PS...Thanks HH.

HEY HARRY........HOW COME PEOPLE EAST OF NEVADA DONT KNOW WHAT A TRI TIP IS ????? I HAVE HAULED A FEW TRI TIPS TO CHICAGO FROZEN.......AND THE FOLKS GO CRAZY OVER THEM. I TOLD EM OUR CATTLE GROW TRI-TIPS.....THEIR CATTLE CANT....LOL............................YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom