I have zero tolerance for this.

BeanMan

Long Time Member
As soon as I can get a clean shot.
81B28DF7-9BBE-40B6-B034-3C27C4C29CBE.png

Last edited:
A buddy of mine shot a skunk in his house. Not good.:ROFLMAO:
My cousin in American Fork shot one that was getting into the chicken coup but when he shot it it pissed and it went into his mouth.
He threw up several times and then went online and found some sort of elixir that helped. His breath was so bad for a while that no one wanted to talk to him...LOL

My cousin in American Fork shot one that was getting into the chicken coup but when he shot it it pissed and it went into his mouth.
He threw up several times and then went online and found some sort of elixir that helped. His breath was so bad for a while that no one wanted to talk to him...LOL
I have a similar story. I would tell it without hesitation if it was my drinkin days, but I’ll save it for now. I used copenhagen and red wine.:sick:

And when you hear someone say “they’re so hungry they could eat the ahole out of a skunk“, you can call bullchit.:oops::cry:

Feral cats are the most destructive invasive species in the wilds today. If they are off the porch, I consider them targets of opportunity anywhere I see them.

As for the coons, they are terribly destructive also!

Good luck. Destructive little bastages.

Incidentally, when it’s cold like this and you shoot at them on your porch with a paintball gun in the middle of the night, you WILL ruin your siding.:rolleyes:
Our resort at Vallecito was right alongside a stream. We had coons visiting our trash & making a mess on a regular basis. I finally built a trap out of chicken wire, I would catch one & then shoot it in the head with a .22 short.

After killing most of them over a couple months, I caught a young one & kept him as a caged pet for a while. I fed him dog food & canned sardines. I had an inkling to tame him but he was a nasty little bugger. So when we were leaving to visit my parents in AZ for a week, I shot him too.

After we moved back to Phoenix, a buddy & I went back there to fish for pike. Waterdogs are the top baits for them. We had five dozen in a foam ice chest & left it out on the porch of our cabin the night we arrived. We put a big rock on the lid so the coons couldn't get it off. The next morning, we found waterdog remains all over the porch. The coons had eaten right through the foam side to get to the 'dogs.

A young friend caught 4 in a trap. They were cute and , at her request, he promised his wife he would turn them loose and wouldn’t shoot them. He called me and my son-in-law to “help” him turn them loose.
He’s a man of his word! He didn’t shoot them. Lol

Zeke

After killing most of them over a couple months, I caught a young one & kept him as a caged pet for a while. I fed him dog food & canned sardines. I had an inkling to tame him but he was a nasty little bugger. So when we were leaving to visit my parents in AZ for a week, I shot him too.
At least it didn't die on an empty stomach. That was humane of you. :ROFLMAO:

On the research farm I used to trap and kill around 50 raccoons a year. They messed up our research trials. I sometimes felt like I was trying to empty a pond with a bucket. At the house they are pretty rare since we live on the edge of irrigation. It will certainly give me something to do…

I forgot to mention that one of them did a job on the seat of our snowmobile. It cost me $225 for a new one.
They are destructive little buggers, even the tame ones. I had one when I was in high school that destroyed our Christmas tree. He even tried to eat the glass ornaments. I finally turned it loose at Sequoia Park here in town.

Had a cat that hung around the house.
Sweet cat with humans but an absolute terror on any other animal.
Straight up skwurl killing cat. Would climb trees, after the adults and get in their nests and kill the babies.
Cat disappeared. Few days later i was seeing lots of raccoon turds
filled with her fur. Apparently she took on something badder than she was.
Caught a glimpse of that raccoon a week later.
Thing looked like a bear cub.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom