Idaho Draw Results are up!

I might have to buy a otc tag up there, I didn't draw either. Is an otc worth the trip for deer?

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-11 AT 10:29PM (MST)[p]I'm in shock, after 27 years of failed attempts to draw a quality deer tag, I finally got a congratulations screen! I drew unit 45 rifle. I'm sitting here watching Lowland Mulies volumes 1 through 4 as I type this.

Congratulations! License number XXX-XX-XXXXXX was drawn for the following hunt(s):

Species Hunt Area Hunt No.
Pronghorn 63-2A 4041
Deer 45 1025

You must purchase your controlled hunt tag no later than August 1, 2011.
Any tags not purchased by this date will be forfeited.

Somebody pinch me. I have drawn my share of elk and pronghorn tags and even my once in a lifetime moose, but I have never drawn a top quality deer tag in Idaho. I'm jacked to say the least! I hope I can sleep tonight.

My two children struck out on their apps, but I'm kind of relieved since I'll have such a great tag to scout, and prepare for. I'll still take them on the general hunts, but I'll be dreaming of my upcoming hunt the whole time.

Good luck to everyone in the draws! Anybody have Steve Alderman's number handy?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-11 AT 09:46PM (MST)[p]Dang, I drew the only NR tag for the late 54-1 deer hunt. I sort of applied for deer on a whim, really wanted an elk tag, but I'll take it!

how in the world do you not draw unit 73 as a second choice?! (unlimited tags)

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Lica the computer showed my boy as not drawing a unlimited area, but I called them and they said he did.

No luck for me. I sure do like how fast Idaho handles their draw. However it would be nice if they started a bonus point system.
Congratulations to all who drew their tags. It is shaping up to being a great year for antler growth.

Happy hunting

I am with you pugs, 20 years of applying,
and not 1 controlled tag.

I would be nice to have 20 bonus points,
hell any would be great!

>I am with you pugs, 20
>years of applying,
>and not 1 controlled tag.
>
>I would be nice to have
>20 bonus points,
>hell any would be great!

Ya but haven't you guys heard from some of the guys on here that are dead set against any type of point system... if Idaho starts up points it may take you 10,15, even 20+ years to draw a tag... oh wait you already have waited 20+ with this great "fair" system in place and no better chance than joe smoe who applies for the first time next year. And an earlier post theres a guy who waited 27 years. Its now 12 years for me with out a tag, but atleast this year I don't have to get pissed off that my uncle and cousin drew that same tag I've been trying for, for thier 4TH! time over the same 12 years.

Moosey69, I agree with you 100 percent. At least you get something for your $140 bones in Nevada. Idaho gives you a please bend over and have a nice day. HNTBigbulls, I am with you I would have about 20 points as well. I guess I will have to take my revenge by shooting a 190 buck on unit 73 this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom