Idaho draws are online

My luck must be changing, the last time I drew a buck tag was 1991, I drew the 39 early buck tag!

Must be a mistake, mine says no tag

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I got Elk in 40-1 First time.
I have been going after deer for years with no luck.

The surprising thing about young fools is how many survive to become old fools.

daughter drew 47-3 youth deer tag, nothing for the me and the other kids
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

lots of people will be caught off guard with this early of a draw. Out of my group so far we have a cow elk and one good buck tag out of 13 opportunities. Much better than the typical 0/ffer.

Ya my results say no tag even on an unlimited unit also, it was a second choice.....?

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

I'm in shock, after 27 years of failed attempts to draw a quality deer tag, I finally got a congratulations screen! I drew unit 45 rifle. I'm sitting here watching Lowland Mulies volumes 1 through 4 as I type this.

Somebody pinch me. I have drawn my share of elk and pronghorn tags and even my once in a lifetime moose, but I have never drawn a top quality deer tag in Idaho. I'm jacked to say the least! I hope I can sleep tonight.

My two children struck out on their apps, but I'm kind of relieved since I'll have such a great tag to scout, and prepare for. I'll still take them on the general hunts, but I'll be dreaming of my upcoming hunt the whole time.

Good luck to everyone in the draws! Anybody have Steve Alderman's number handy?

Drew the same punch in the nuts I got last year.

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

Congrats to everyone who drew a tag! Our group got 43 elk and 41 deer. Im stoked for the deer hunt. I've been putting in for 41 for 9 years. Anybody got good advice for 41??

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-11 AT 12:15PM (MST)[p]0-24yrs, no one else in the family drew in the last 15yrs. Only consillation, 2 friends have tags in 45 so they'll get to play like they're utards and rat pack 45 with 50 family members and friends! LMAO

Our party put in for unit 32 antlerless deer and 32X extra antlerless deer tags. We also filled out the application for a depredation hunt. Guess might have to try a trophy area up in unit 39, but the wife refuses to go up there, too many crazies. So much for bagging a deer with my new toy this year. MMgood tag soup.

Chuck in Boise

got my cow tag for the 6th year in a row. :) but grinder got my 41 buck tag !!!!!!!! lol good lick should be a fun one. also struck out on speed goats :(

>Nothing for me on the deer,
>elk or antelope!!!

Ditto for me to. Tag soup all around. I've always got New Mexico and the general season.

wtf chuck? they cut the number of antlerless tags in that unit due to the severe winterkill. why not just buy beef as opposed to adding insult to an already stressed out herd....

smokepoler63, Outstanding tag my friend. You are ONLY going to use a muzzleloader right?
Pinch you? Someone needs to slap the smile off your face. Way to go!!!
Ron

Guess it doesn't matter that all 3 in my party are disabled, we love to hunt, deer meat is better then beef any day and we would have been hunting on private property as the farmers out there are crying because the deer are coming down eating all the feed for their cattle. I think if people are going to ##### then they should be bitching about unit 39 and how that unit ain't worth the time to drive up there.

Chuck in Boise

I'm one of those people that can't complain about the Idaho draws. I've had people tell me they hate me, though my luck after the first three years has slacked off some. The first year I had Idaho residency was 2005. Here's what I've drawn:
2005 - Bighorn in the Middle Fork
2006 - Bull Moose, Teton Valley
2007 - Late Deer Hunt Palisades
2008 - Nothing
2009 - Late Deer Hunt Palisades (ate that tag); late cow elk
2010 - Late cow elk
2011 - Unlimited Late Deer Middle Fork (second choice); doe/fawn antelope
I'm not complaining about the current, no points system.

I convince my hunting partner to put in for the same SW unit that I did this year for the first time and we both struck out... usually put in for unit 11 muley tags. He's pissed at me now since two years ago him, his two brothers and Dad all drew unit 11 muley tags, and this year they all drew again but he didn't cause he put in for the same unit as I did... lol oh well we still got some good hunts for the OTC tags and we'll play sherpa on the muley hunts! Congrats to all that drew!

Mike

Thanks Ron,

Did you or your boy draw anything? I was also drawn for the muzzleloader pronghorn in 63. I'll use the muzzy for that. I'll be packing a 7MM STW set up for long range for the 45 deer hunt. Good luck to you and yours this fall.

Eric, aka Smokepoler63

same old,,, archery lopes and unlimited late buck,,, struck out again on the good units,,,,,DAMN-IT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom