Is there any chance?

grenhdkilr

As a non resident I will be able to pull a bull elk tag in new mexico this year? This is my first year applying for a tag there. I'm looking for an archery tag somewhere I can strap a pack on and dissappear for a week away from roads 4 wheelers and peopl and actually have a chance at an animal.Thanks for any help!

You have just as good a chance as any other NR... No points in NM
If you want solitude look for a wilderness area... although they still get some pressure... There is no place left that you'll have completely to yourself.
CC

Ya I understand I won't have it to myself but even here In Colorado I can get away and maybe only see 1 or 2 people all week. So there's no points so that means I can put in for any area and it's just luck of the draw?

No points so it is luck of the draw ...rich or poor you have the same chance as anyone every year.

Drew my third choice unit last year in the DIY NR pool. Only saw 1 couple while I was actually hunting. Saw a few others on the main trail. Pick a unit and apply ya never know if you might hit the jackpot and draw a good tag.

NR's still have quite a bit of available to them I would say go for unit 13 there is a lot of area you will be able to hunt in solitude of county road 117 where there are no roads. Their are some big bulls all through out the unit. I would say unit 13 would be your best bet.

>NR's still have quite a bit
>of available to them I
>would say go for unit
>13 there is a lot
>of area you will be
>able to hunt in solitude
>of county road 117 where
>there are no roads. Their
>are some big bulls all
>through out the unit. I
>would say unit 13 would
>be your best bet.

Thank you sir I will do some research on that unit I appreciate the help.

You have some really good draw odds on the earlier hunts.
I would join huntertrailhead you can enter the units you are intrested in and check your draw odds,Not only for NM but all western states.$20.If you find a unit that intrests you PM me and I can tell you what I know.

>You have some really good draw
>odds on the earlier hunts.
>
>I would join huntertrailhead you can
>enter the units you are
>intrested in and check your
>draw odds,Not only for NM
>but all western states.$20.If you
>find a unit that intrests
>you PM me and I
>can tell you what I
>know.

Thanks I will do that and get back to you I appreciate the help

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom