It freaking pulled its own trigger

hossblur

Long Time Member
Better lock em up somewhere they can’t get out….. you never know when they’ll grow legs and start coming after ya…. Won’t be long till they can load their own magazines too

Now I'm scared. I allegedly have several firearms. Those sneaky little bastards are going to shoot me themselves? How will I sleep at night?
Whatever you do, don’t lock them in your SUV.

The article claims there were 2 other accidental discharges on the set with one other injury??????

Was someone trying to make a dream case for the abogados.

Yeah, I own one of those. He'll probably claim there were a round in all the chambers. And that it went off because the firing pin was touching the primer. But still it would take like a drop of the weapon for it to go off. If you own one of those you always load 5 rounds only and not 6. That could be his excuse...

It is possible that the gun discharged without him pulling the trigger. Some of the single action revolvers will discharge if the hammer is being pulled back by the thumb and the thumb slips off the hammer allowing the hammer to spring forward. Will also discharge if the gun is dropped and hits a hard surface on the hammer. A lot of the newer single actions have a design feature that will block the firing pin from hitting the primer unless the trigger is pulled.
One reason the old cowboys only carried 5 rounds in their six shooter and had the hammer resting on the empty chamber.
If his thumb slipped off the hammer while cocking the hammer, that could have caused the gun to fire without pulling the trigger.
RELH

It is lucky he didn't have an AR with a bump stock. It would have fire repeatedly without pulling trigger. Those evil guns. Sheesh

“Baldwin says he pointed the gun at her as directed ... cocked it and let go of the hammer and that's when the gun went off. He says he never touched the trigger.”
From the ABC interview. What an idiot.

8577EBB9-4713-489D-9C10-6F4B205710A8.jpeg

It is possible that the gun discharged without him pulling the trigger. Some of the single action revolvers will discharge if the hammer is being pulled back by the thumb and the thumb slips off the hammer allowing the hammer to spring forward. Will also discharge if the gun is dropped and hits a hard surface on the hammer. A lot of the newer single actions have a design feature that will block the firing pin from hitting the primer unless the trigger is pulled.
One reason the old cowboys only carried 5 rounds in their six shooter and had the hammer resting on the empty chamber.
If his thumb slipped off the hammer while cocking the hammer, that could have caused the gun to fire without pulling the trigger.
RELH
agree. could be a terrible accident…

The television show 20/20 will be investigating this on their show December 10th. Will be interesting to see if they defend him or crucify him.

What kind of world did I wake up in where RELH is defending Alec Baldwin?

I would never defend that idiot anti gun has been actor. He is still guilty of flagrant irresponsible actions with that firearm that cost a human life.:ROFLMAO:

What kind of world did I wake up in where RELH is defending Alec Baldwin?

I would never defend that idiot anti gun has been actor. He is still guilty of flagrant irresponsible actions with that firearm that cost a human life.:ROFLMAO:
I’ll bet you something sharp and shiny that the defense (if there is one) uses the same argument. They may even use your post as expert witness testimony.:ROFLMAO:

The point of your post wasn’t lost on me. But I try not to take trivial things too seriously anymore, so I look for the humor.

Did you notice how long it took him to come up with that defense. If that excuse had been true, he would have stated it from the start. His lawyer reached out to gun experts to come up with a viable excuse to offset liability on his part.
The gun will have to be tested to find out if it had a defective half-**** notch or defective sear that would allow firing by thumb slipping off hammer while cocking hammer. Hopefully the gun was taken into evidence by the first officers on scene to prevent it from being tampered with.

RELH

Last edited:
Did you notice how long it took him to come up with that defense. If that excuse had been true, he would have stated it from the start. His lawyer reached out to gun experts to come up with a viable excuse to offset liability on his part.

P.S. On one case I did testify as a expert on firearms in Superior Court.
RELH
When I think of you giving testimony, I imagine Wilford Brumley calmly explaining why someone is a dumbass.

Please don’t put up a picture of yourself. I like thinking I’m arguing with Wilferd.:ROFLMAO:

Dude blames everyone but himself for his actions and takes zero responsibility & zero remorse. Straight up psychopath!

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 8.09.17 AM.png

That's it ,If Alec Baldwin said the gun fired itself I am melting all of mine down cause they may get up all by there self and go out and shoot someone . Thanks Alec for saving someone's life :poop: He is full of it

When I think of you giving testimony, I imagine Wilford Brumley calmly explaining why someone is a dumbass.

The producer clarified he never pulled the gun's trigger. He was holding the gun to line up a shot as directed by Hutchins to do when Baldwin "let go of the hammer" and the gun went off.

Posted earlier, but good lord. This is the "depends on the definition of is, bs".

So to be clear. Mr Baldwin pointed a gun ar someone, and while doing so the firing pin was engaged.

Who cares if he "pulled a trigger"?

1st rule of firearm safety, DO NOT POINT A GUN AT SOMETHING YOU DONT INTEND TO KILL"

Can't wait for EVERY ganster to use that defense

"I never put my finger on the trigger, it just went off"

"I don't know how that 8 point bull got killed Mr. DWR, I was practicing my aim, and BOOM, gun went off".

The new defense for poachers

He totally made himself look like a idiot. Bashes guns and owner prior. Now that it's him, he had nothing to do with it. "I didn't pull the trigger". What a piece!!!

I can see the lawsuits. The attorneys cocking the hammer on the pistol, setting it on the table, letting it sit there for an entire day. No words, no talk, just hour upon hour of that gun not shooting itself.

Even I could get clients a gazillion

This has to be the only thread ever where all posters are unanimous in their comments. Seems weird to have everyone getting along. ?.

Maybe Rittenhouse needs to teach him how to only shoot the bad guys.

Maybe Rittenhouse needs to teach him how to only shoot the bad guys.

RELH

His words remind me of those coming from Ted Kennedy.

And, this: "Guns don't just go off," Sheriff Adan Mendoza told Fox News Digital. "So whatever needs to happen to manipulate the firearm, he did that, and it was in his hands."

Ouch. I bet that kept him up last night. He doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who will thrive in prison.

Fortunately for him NM is in the tank for the entertainment biz.

Can yall imagine what would have happened in the Rittenhouse trial if that prosecutor had been waving the AR at the jury like he did and all of the sudden some jurors head exploded.
That ahole should be charged with reckless endangerment. I don’t think being saddled with the title of worst lawyer ever is enough of a stigma.

I've seen Baldwin explain he tipped the gun downward so the camera could pic up the hammer.

Yet somehow he shot the lady in the chest.

Was she really short?

Was he really tall?

Was it one of those Lee Harvey Oswald magic bullets?

So many questions ?

Can we all agree that real firearms don't belong as props on movie sets?

I'm sure I'm not the only person that can't point a gun at somebody, it's just too engrained in how I was taught. Even with the bolt out of a gun while I'm cleaning it, I still naturally keep my head away from the muzzle. While at a gun store when I'm shouldering a gun to see how it feels, I still pick a spot up high in the far corner to aim at... even though I'm 100% confident it's unloaded. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

PS. I had a Pre-64 Model 70 go off on it's own once. It was my first ever antelope tag and we were all standing around talking and I was young and the gun was heavy so I had the stock resting on my boot and was holding the barrel with the gun pointed to the sky and BOOM it fired. Nobody was anywhere near touching the trigger and the safety was on. Luckily it was pointed in a safe direction or myself or my dad or brothers would've died out there in the dirt. It still haunts me how close that was.

To this day I still don't EVER have a bullet in the chamber until I'm ready to pull the trigger. It's not worth the one second it will take me to chamber a round.

Alec said he was instructed to point the gun at her cocked. If he was instructed to point the cocked gun at his own head do you think he would have checked it first?

Alec said he was instructed to point the gun at her cocked. If he was instructed to point the cocked gun at his own head do you think he would have checked it first?

Hard tellin with that one. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed....

Now I'm scared. I allegedly have several firearms. Those sneaky little bastards are going to shoot me themselves? How will I sleep at night?

Here ya go HossBlur- you can sleep easy now.;)

Yep, guns don't fire them self, just like forks don't make people fat.

They both have to be manipulated by a person!!!

I know yall won't like hearing this but there are actual mechanical failures with weapons. They are very rare but they do happen. Usually the mechanical failure can get nailed down in an investigation and human error is much more common. At the same time if normal gun safety is followed when there is a mechanical failure it is almost impossible to shoot a person.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom