Kaibab

nontypical

Long Time Member
12A late or 12B late? I have 22 points as a nr. I figure I might have a chance at drawing( though very small). I am too old to keep waiting for 13B. Which unit do you guys recommend and why? 13A?? Thanks guys

I also have 22 NR points and always put in for the 12A late hunts. Unfortunately due to the tags cuts and rule change our odds are very slim. We are kind of in no mans land right now if we had one more point it would make a world of difference in our odds. I would love to draw out so I can start putting in for the Kaibab Archery Hunt but unless I get real lucky it may be awhile.

I’m a resident with 16 points and going after 12AW late this year. I’m tired of chasing the Strip every year as my boys get older and go on their own hunts without me. Every year Strip rifle seems to add another point and I’m behind again.
Good luck in the draw !

13B & 12AW LATE ... have been in 12AW last 2 weeks hunting turkeys, many earth tanks dry or near dry.Need Spring rains for quality deer feed . Guzzlers have water, Good Luck in your 2 picks ... Bruce & SilverGrand

12A late or 12B late? I have 22 points as a nr. I figure I might have a chance at drawing( though very small). I am too old to keep waiting for 13B. Which unit do you guys recommend and why? 13A?? Thanks guys
No experience at all in Arizona but good luck, hope ya draw whatever ya decide ?, may be trying a coues hunt this year if we draw or if other plans don’t cloud up are Original plans, but my buddies wife drew bighorn in Colorado so things are starting to change already lol!!

Which Kaibab early rifle would be best?
What about the drought and antler growth? Is this a bad year?
Thanks

I Like the west side for the early hunt. More country and more deer. I've never done an early rifle hunt but I've done many archery hunts.I always hunted the west side. I did tag along on an early east side rifle hunt with my sister in law back in the 90s .

Never done the east side, but the early west side hunt has always been a zoo. If you'd get bothered by guys waving at you, and then sitting 200yds away from you on the same hillside, then i'd look for other options.

I've been guiding the 12's for the last 27 years and haven't missed an early or late hunt in that time. In reference just to the late hunts both are great and you have the chance to kill an equal buck in either unit. That being said the 12AW is a safer bet for always having lots of deer not bigger just more if they don't move down. By the late hunt most deer have moved off the top anyway and will be in the winter ground so 12BW always has bucks to hunt also. Every day on those hunts it gets better. With 22 points there is no reason not to do both choices with 12AW first and 12BW second. The biggest buck we killed last year was on the 12AW late mid 220"s nontypical.
Give me a call if you have questions.
Jason
Bond Trophy Outfitters

What Jason said above. I’ve had late tags in 12aw and 12bw in the past 5 years. I killed a 194 buck in 12bw but couldn’t locate anything better than about 185 in 12aw. But lots of deer in 12aw though. Neither are worth the (max) points they take to draw.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom