La Sal Mtn

MaineFlatlander

So I struck out on the big stuff but drew a general rifle tag for the La Sal Mtns. I have heard all of the bad but just looking for a fun time. I have been to Green River and Moab but not to hunt. I have archery hunted deer just over the border at Buckeye Reservoir. I have hunted DIY moose, sheep, and goat in the west and am not afraid to put on a pack and go. Coming from Maine there will be no scouting time and was hopi.g to pick up a couple of spots to start when I get thers. Thanks in advance. Perry

What little I know about the unit it isn't too bad with fair numbers and a chance at a respectable buck. There are plenty who will say the state isn't worth the trkp nor the time.

While the hunting may not be what it once was in Utah I come from a state that allows one deer per year but tags are OTC. Even after a month long archery season, a month long rifle season during the rut, and a 1-2 week muzzleloader season(you can hunt them all until you get one deer-then done for the year) the sucess rate struggles to reach a whopping 10% so much for the easy whitetail hunting in the east....

I was just hoping to get a basic idea. Try the NF or hit some of the BLM property?

There has been a big fire near buckeye, sinbad and rock creek. I don't know if it made it into utah or not. You need to familiarize yourself with the two cwmu's and their boundaries on the east side of the unit so that you can stay out of trouble there. Definitely some fun country to hunt.

[URLwww.sjoutfittin[/URL]
g.com]
yo
utube

I have heard about the fire. I shot my first archery mule deer on Sinbad Ridge. I know shout Redd but have plenty of time to look at maps which have been ordered.

The Mountain is turning brown quick, no rain. Pray and Hope for some summer rains.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

While Utah hunting might not be what it used to be, it still beats the heck out of staying home and watching re-runs!
Have a great trip,
Zeke

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom