Late big elk ?

There were several really good bulls killed in 23 on the late hunt.A 387 bull, a 402 bull, a high 370's bull,another 380 bull, and a couple in the 350's that i know about already.

>No story to tell. Just asking.
>23 sounds like it was
>hot.
>Jay
I was on the 23 hunt and it seemed far from hot in my opinion, but throw 200 plus tags in a fairly good unit and some good ones are bound to hit the dirt. Heard of some good ones in 10 also.

I know of 1 bull in 10 that scored in the 370s, but it had 20+ inches of broken tines, would have been close to 400 if not broke.

My fiance took a nice bull Jay. I normally don't post or get involved other than checking out peoples pics and stories but she and the bull deserve a little recognition so heres a pic
9574100_1836.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-11 AT 09:32AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-11 AT 09:31?AM (MST)

Wow, what a dandy bull. Huge congrats!! About the other bulls from 23, i have personally seen the 387 and a 352. The 402 bull has been verified, and the 370's bull is also verified. The 23 hunt was as bad as i have ever seen it. The best bull we passed was in the 320's, and the best bull we saw was in the 350's. They need to stop pounding the 23 elk herd before it becomes like 6B or some of the other flagstaff units. What happened to 23 in the last 3 years? My little brother(16) had the early archery tag in 23 last year and i spent 30 days camped in the unit, and the best bull i saw was the 375 bull he killed. Every other year previous to last 3 years finding a 370's type bull was pretty easy, now it is almost impossible.

George, Hey man its Eric, we shared camp up in 12b early a couple years back. Congrats on a great bull! And congrats on the engagement. What unit were you in cause that bull actually looks familiar. We were in 10 and went 8 for 9. 375 was our best along with 2 350s and a 320 on the last day. the other bulls were smaller but 2 were for first time kids and one ooops and one guy shot a good broke bull cause he had an injury and just couldn't grind it out for term. Gimmie a holler sometime....
Congrats again.

Eric

Thanks guys he is a unit 10 bull and I'll get some deatails for you soon I just don't know how goofy a couple magazines are gonna be about a detailed story yet. She would like her first bull in a magazine. The hunt will be on Extreme Bulls 7 as well if you care to watch it. He is 357 7/8 and she hit him at 355 yards 3 times with my 300 wthby and 185 grain bergers. Im very proud of her. Eric whats up buddy how are ya?! You may have seen him we were hunting the same stuff. The busted bull you guys killed was it by chance a big 7 on his right missing an extra and busted from the 4th back on his left? http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/4270mail.jpeg

Thanks again guys for supporting her she's stoked!!

I knew I knew that bull!! Got some decent video of him! We passed him twice during the hunt. The broke bull one of our guys was not that one, he was a mid 30s type if we wasnt broke. I'd seen the bull you are talking about only once and that was before the hunt You shot on the last day right?? We shot one on the last morn, we were the first shots of the morn. Was that you guys lighting it up a little higher on the mntn? Thats where that bull you shot had been hanging out at.

4326arizona_2011_bull_002.jpg

This is my Late Unit 23 Bull.
I think it was a tough hunt, no weather but still saw alot of bulls.
Passed on some bigger broken bulls and ended up taking this guy on thr last day with a couple hours left in the hunt. Hunted hard and I am happy.
Thank You
Rick

>
4326arizona_2011_bull_002.jpg

>
>This is my Late Unit 23
>Bull.
>I think it was a tough
>hunt, no weather but still
>saw alot of bulls.
>Passed on some bigger broken bulls
>and ended up taking this
>guy on thr last day
>with a couple hours left
>in the hunt. Hunted hard
>and I am happy.
>Thank You
>Rick

Nice bull snuffy, did jay scott and darr colburn guide you by chance? What did your bull score? Thanks for posting your pics.

I heard that 23 was a real tough hunt,and it was slim picking on the amount of bulls seen.I wonder just how many hunters got a bull even. It looks like the unit has been hit hard the last few years, But I hear they will be cutting the tags for next year. I hope they do.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Nice bull snuffy, did jay scott and darr colburn guide you by chance? What did your bull score? Thanks for posting your pics.

Yes I went with Darr and Janis (Yanis), did not get to meet Jay.
Had a great time with these guys worked hard all week.
Never scored him probably never will.
Thank You
Rick

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom