LE NINE MILE RANGE CREEK SOUTH INFO

T

TATONKA1973

I am looking for any info on this unit, I drew a late season LE Elk tag this year. With the new extended season from November 6, 2009 through December 31, 2009 I have been told should help. If anyone has unted this unit please let me know what to expect on bulls or any other info that may help.

Thanks

If this is the "nine mile range creek" that borders the Preston Nutter Ranch, & "Cold Springs WMA" I have some info that may be of help. I have hunted this unit Saw lots of elk & quite a few upper 300-350+ class bulls. You can PM if this is the same unit.

Hunted range creek for three months last year. It sucked. I live less then a mile from there and the only time that unit is any good is if we get one hell of a snow storm to push em down or you can cancel X-mas seeing as much as a cow.

I have friends that have hunted it and have been scouting it for my son who drew. I have only seen one bull (He was on the Nutter boundry) in three trips but I am assured that after November they start to drop off of the Nutter into the low lands. I'd be happy to share some info. I have a few trail cam photos that you probably want to see. get me your email address I will send a couple of photos over.

The big deal up there is all of the boudry changes and all of the state land that has changed hands over the last few years. I found the only way to be sure is to use the 2007 BLM map and then check each section on the Carbon County recorder website for the specific plats that you want to hunt because the 2007 map isn't current either. It is a nightmare to sort all of that out and as you know you can only hunt public ground even if the private is unposted. Anyway, I would mind sharing some info if helps you out. You won't have this opportunity again for quite some time.

Ironmine,

my brother and I have a January hunt there for cows. I sent you an email...maybe you or anyone else could point us in the right direction if there's a good place to find them coming off that Nutter property.

Thanks,

copple2

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom