Leftover Reissue list is up.

There’s still time to put your name in the hat…………………………https://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages/News-Release-Details.aspx?NewsID=3915
Bwahahahaha what a waste of time! I filled the bullshit application out with all the diversity questions. Hit submit then it tells me my application cant be accepted. Something about how ive already apllied, which i havent.

Perfect example of how bad the cpw flails and is a complete mess.

Brutus do you work for the cpw?

If you think CPW cares about what hunters want, you are seriously out of touch.
I don’t think anyone thinks they do. If you live here it’s pretty obvious they don’t. But real people should be part of the conversation. We shouldn’t be asking as much as insisting.

If you are on this website your odds will be significantly better in getting a tag with the current system then if they change the system to a random draw, just fyi for you all. If you stick with it, you will eventually get some tag.

If you are on this website your odds will be significantly better in getting a tag with the current system then if they change the system to a random draw, just fyi for you all. If you stick with it, you will eventually get some tag.
Maybe but I think if the the possibility of losing points will act as some amount of a gate keeper. I would bet if there was a 76 tag a week before season a quite a few people wouldn’t want to burn points and not be able to plan. Of coarse there are still going to be plenty that would. But eventually if enough get returned they will start to get weeded out. I’m no scientist but I think it would work pretty well.

Maybe but I think if the the possibility of losing points will act as some amount of a gate keeper. I would bet if there was a 76 tag a week before season a quite a few people wouldn’t want to burn points and not be able to plan. Of coarse there are still going to be plenty that would. But eventually if enough get returned they will start to get weeded out. I’m no scientist but I think it would work pretty well.
It would work easy enough. I am just saying for the people on MM, the current system will be way better in getting a tag. Just put in your time and try for the middle quality tags and you probably get one.

It would work easy enough. I am just saying for the people on MM, the current system will be way better in getting a tag. Just put in your time and try for the middle quality tags and you probably get one.
I don’t disagree, and I’m not even saying what i think is the answer. I do feel like this current system is somewhat set up for failure.

I don’t disagree, and I’m not even saying what i think is the answer. I do feel like this current system is somewhat set up for failure.
Maybe. They sell one tag twice and the person turning it in loses 1 point. Can change it to more points but what if it is 2 point tag? Could change it to using your points but then that benefits those with few points. Doing a weekly draw and using points is an option but probably shouldn't be preferred by the MM crowd in my opinion. I think it is less than 5% of tags get returned so probably doesn't change point creep much. It just is what it is.

If we drew a line in the sand at the close of the primary draw, I think its upwards of 10% of the tags that are returned and that with the combination of a few other things would be a huge help in addressing point creep.

Just saying.

If we drew a line in the sand at the close of the primary draw, I think its upwards of 10% of the tags that are returned and that with the combination of a few other things would be a huge help in addressing point creep.

Just saying.
I don't think so. I am sitting on units/seasons that have over 200 tags and I have only seen 1 so far. Yes, some units could approach 10% some years for sure but on average I would think it is below 5%. This should be pretty easy to figure out for CPW!

Like mentioned already in this thread and many others over the past couple years, don’t let it be so easy to return a tag. Medical and family emergency/death only. Guys are turning tags in now for bulls&@t reasons. Not the perfect weather, drought, drew another tag, didn’t see what they wanted when scouting, etc. You applied for the tag, now put your big boy pants on and hunt it. If Colorado changed to how Wyoming does it, those tag holders are SOL when it comes to turning tags in.

Like mentioned already in this thread and many others over the past couple years, don’t let it be so easy to return a tag. Medical and family emergency/death only. Guys are turning tags in now for bulls&@t reasons. Not the perfect weather, drought, drew another tag, didn’t see what they wanted when scouting, etc. You applied for the tag, now put your big boy pants on and hunt it. If Colorado changed to how Wyoming does it, those tag holders are SOL when it comes to turning tags in.
Why? CPW is selling the tags twice and they're getting hunted/harvest or people are losing their points which they want people to clear out.

Why? CPW is selling the tags twice and they're getting hunted/harvest or people are losing their points which they want people to clear out.
The problem is nobody looses their points. No one looses points turning tags in and no points are used to get a reissue tag, Colorado gives PP's out like candy but they only take them for 1st choice on primary application.

The problem is nobody looses their points. No one looses points turning tags in and no points are used to get a reissue tag, Colorado gives PP's out like candy but they only take them for 1st choice on primary application.

Agree 100%

Changes are coming. I hope they take ALL preference points for any A-list tag. That would change the game in Colorado.

Ya, people would suffer for a few years, but it would really enhance the populations in certain areas that are hurting and below objective right now.

The good times couldn't last forever.

If you really wanted to change the game with reissued licenses take 1/2 the total points from the guys turning them back in.

No reason to be taking points from guys for reissued tags. Again, this would only benefit the guys with 4 or less points. Guys with 10+ points would rarely burn their points. If they did, it would have to be an extremely good tag, i.e. 44 3rd. Then, they have to compete with the guys that only have 4 actual points to get the tag. Chances are the 10-point guy wouldn't get the tag in that scenario.

So, I ask where is the benefit to taking points for reissued tags? Taking 4 points from the guys getting a 16-point reissued tag isn't helping point creep. However, taking 8 points from the guy who turned it in would help point creep.

Last edited:
Im going to spend a little time with the original reissue list from July. I will go through and figure out all the preference points for the turned in tags. Anybody volunteer to help?

I am not worried about people turning tags back in (they should not gain a PP) since the tags won't get waisted. My point is who has the most PP's should get the reissue tag and loose their points. This would give some of the high point holder another chance to burn their points (Helping with Point Creep). This would stop people with say 15 PP's trying to get a tag that is only a 2 PP unit. I think it would spread out the opportunity for all of the hunts.
None of this would help me since I have Zero Deer or Elk points and one Antelope point.

If you really wanted to change the game with reissued licenses take 1/2 the total points from the guys turning them back in.

No reason to be taking points from guys for reissued tags. Again, this would only benefit the guys with 4 or less points. Guys with 10+ points would rarely burn their points. If they did, it would have to be an extremely good tag, i.e. 44 3rd. Then, they have to compete with the guys that only have 4 actual points to get the tag. Chances are the 10-point guy wouldn't get the tag in that scenario.

So, I ask where is the benefit to taking points for reissued tags? Taking 4 points from the guys getting a 16-point reissued tag isn't helping point creep. However, taking 8 points from the guy who turned it in would help point creep.
That’s the risk you are going to be taking when you hold out on points. You either want to hunt, or you don’t.

I don’t feel bad for someone who is holding out for a high point unit and is potentially missing out on all of those lower point units that hit a re-issue list. Why should I? Why should someone have their cake and eat it too? That’s the reason point creep is so bad in the first place because everyone was hunting otc while building points. Having their cake and eating it too….

You should be rewarded with a tag for burning your points and then go to the back of the line.

Taking points for any A-list tag forces people to use their points. It forces everyone to use them. R and NR. Taking points on a returned tag kills 2 birds with 1 stone. 2 point holders are toast for 1 tag.

Taking a guys 4 points for getting a returned tag that is worth 16 points IMHO IS helping point creep. It’s getting a guy to the back of the line BACK TO 0 points at the end of the line. Disadvantaged to everyone in front of him.

This is coming from a guy who drew a good tag this year from the leftover list. I feel like I should have had to use my points (The three I have) to be able to get that tag. Instead, I got it penalty free. If they would have forced me to use my points I would have happily done so. Conversely, if I had 30 points, I wouldn't have applied for the tag if I knew they would have made me use my 30 points.....But that would be my decision to let my points accrue to that level in the first place.

This system would change the dynamic of strategy and get more people through the system is all I am really getting at.

Last edited:
I am not worried about people turning tags back in (they should not gain a PP) since the tags won't get waisted. My point is who has the most PP's should get the reissue tag and loose their points. This would give some of the high point holder another chance to burn their points (Helping with Point Creep). This would stop people with say 15 PP's trying to get a tag that is only a 2 PP unit. I think it would spread out the opportunity for all of the hunts.
None of this would help me since I have Zero Deer or Elk points and one Antelope point.
It would help you on 0 and 1 point tags! ?

IMG_9736.png
IMG_9735.png

Click on view reissue list and get this. What am I doing wrong?

Nope. Reissue. See the blank page that popped up says reissue 8/21. When you click on leftover, it actually brings up the leftover page

Must be because I am an evil NR

I’d be curious to see what would happen if they just got rid of the preview list. Just update the list at time of sale. Maybe it gives people a sliver of a chance and not every one is there hitting refresh as the clock ticks to 11 and slams the sight. We would have to search the list and then go try to buy it. I was in favor of the randomly adding of tags. Eliminating the preview list seems like it would be an easy thing to change and if didn’t make a difference it’d be easy to go back to. ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Holy cow I'm getting inundated with PM's. Listen guys I have had clients for 5+ years. This whole thing started when the re-issue list used to populate codes throughout the day thats when the first program was developed and a couple others pretty much copied our idea. I don't believe there is another program right now. The wait list is probably close to two years as it stands as long time and repeat clients always get first rights of refusal. Also, since this has been asked tirelessly your not going to get a 61 or 76 elk tag for 2500. The 2500 is for a low to mid range deer or antelope tag. We stay right below the cost of what a voucher would run for premium units just to give you an idea of cost. I also want to give a shout out to whatever member reported us to CPW, that was funny. FYI nothing about this is illegal and there isn't chit they can do about it. You also must not have been to any meetings because the "bot" has been brought up numerous times. CPW's only answer was installing the Captcha a few years ago and like I said that is easily circumvented with good IT people.

Holy cow I'm getting inundated with PM's. Listen guys I have had clients for 5+ years. This whole thing started when the re-issue list used to populate codes throughout the day thats when the first program was developed and a couple others pretty much copied our idea. I don't believe there is another program right now. The wait list is probably close to two years as it stands as long time and repeat clients always get first rights of refusal. Also, since this has been asked tirelessly you’re not going to get a 61 or 76 elk tag for 2500. The 2500 is for a low to mid range deer or antelope tag. We stay right below the cost of what a voucher would run for premium units just to give you an idea of cost. I also want to give a shout out to whatever member reported us to CPW, that was funny. FYI nothing about this is illegal and there isn't chit they can do about it. You also must not have been to any meetings because the "bot" has been brought up numerous times. CPW's only answer was installing the Captcha a few years ago and like I said that is easily circumvented with good IT people.
Well hell.

Here all along I thought you were just messing around.

Nerd Alert!

Holy cow I'm getting inundated with PM's. Listen guys I have had clients for 5+ years. This whole thing started when the re-issue list used to populate codes throughout the day thats when the first program was developed and a couple others pretty much copied our idea. I don't believe there is another program right now. The wait list is probably close to two years as it stands as long time and repeat clients always get first rights of refusal. Also, since this has been asked tirelessly your not going to get a 61 or 76 elk tag for 2500. The 2500 is for a low to mid range deer or antelope tag. We stay right below the cost of what a voucher would run for premium units just to give you an idea of cost. I also want to give a shout out to whatever member reported us to CPW, that was funny. FYI nothing about this is illegal and there isn't chit they can do about it. You also must not have been to any meetings because the "bot" has been brought up numerous times. CPW's only answer was installing the Captcha a few years ago and like I said that is easily circumvented with good IT people.
Lol probably the same people messaging you are the ones complaining about the system you use.

Pay to play is in full effect, in all aspects of this game. Might as well just buy a voucher though, whatever dude has going on here feels slimy. I dont really understand the need to blow yourself up online, regardless of how safe you feel. Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered.
I agree even the one thing that should give average guys a shot is done now. I get low quality tags may be gettable. But the good tags are now going to one company or whatever it is? Fine but I bet this will turn into some sort of s*** storm.

That’s total FKN Bullship!

Damn you must be making a killing. And hunt some great deer tags.

Congratulations.

What deer tag are you hinting this year?

Why go public about it and ruin a good thing ? If ORION is pulling those quality tags and selling them like he says. That’s a pretty good hustle, a lot of money could be made for sure. But I doubt anything will change as far as the current reissue system goes. CPW just cares about one thing and one thing only- sell that licen$e. This reissue game has caused a lot of greed and competition. Maybe Wyoming has it right , you draw it you hunt it .

Last edited:
I had heard rumors about a bot, but didn't believe it. I have gotten some good tags in the past, but I guess in all reality the current system really isn't fair unless you have this bot.

I am not sure what to say, and can't blame Orion but something has to change now -if not before 2024 as it is not a fair or a random chance to pick up one of these tags - which is what we are lead to believe when we try.

I actually like the current system. I wish it took bonus points, but draw would just cost more money. Glad they reissue the tags and glad I have a chance that doesn't cost $20 every week. Good luck to all of you.

I had heard rumors about a bot, but didn't believe it. I have gotten some good tags in the past, but I guess in all reality the current system really isn't fair unless you have this bot.

I am not sure what to say, and can't blame Orion but something has to change now -if not before 2024 as it is not a fair or a random chance to pick up one of these tags - which is what we are lead to believe when we try.
Thrill you get the tags Orion let’s you get, he is the matrix…

Glade someone checked on the legality of doing this. It might be legal, but I find it very unethical and BS!!!! Maybe these tags should go to a draw only. Or not be sold at all. Why should only the rich or people with vast IT department have the first choice. Those people can just buy landowner vouchers. This is the kind of greed that is destroying hunting.

Glade someone checked on the legality of doing this. It might be legal, but I find it very unethical and BS!!!! Maybe these tags should go to a draw only. Or not be sold at all. Why should only the rich or people with vast IT department have the first choice. Those people can just buy landowner vouchers. This is the kind of greed that is destroying hunting.
It’s one thing to do it do it for yourself. Or even a small group of friends. But what did he make last year off that early rifle 61 tag? The going rate for a voucher is every bit of north of 13k. Or the random north west corner tags that come every once in awhile, 20k? I get it you find a good niche to make money and good for you I’m jealous of that. But damn near every time there has been a 76 bull tag I’ve shot for it. And a good amount of the time I’ll get to the add to cart page. So it’s definitely a kick to the nuts that because I can’t afford a land voucher I now can’t play the re issue game.

And I do get it shoot for lower tags, but that wasn’t really how I thought this system worked. Had I known a boy was snatching these up I’d have gave up sooner. Shame on me I guess, but it is a bummer to see hunting turn into like others have said a pure rich man’s sport. That’s my whole rant. Maybe I’ll have more time to work on Wednesdays now.

It’s one thing to do it do it for yourself. Or even a small group of friends. But what did he make last year off that early rifle 61 tag? The going rate for a voucher is every bit of north of 13k. Or the random north west corner tags that come every once in awhile, 20k? I get it you find a good niche to make money and good for you I’m jealous of that. But damn near every time there has been a 76 bull tag I’ve shot for it. And a good amount of the time I’ll get to the add to cart page. So it’s definitely a kick to the nuts that because I can’t afford a land voucher I now can’t play the re issue game.

And I do get it shoot for lower tags, but that wasn’t really how I thought this system worked. Had I known a boy was snatching these up I’d have gave up sooner. Shame on me I guess, but it is a bummer to see hunting turn into like others have said a pure rich man’s sport. That’s my whole rant. Maybe I’ll have more time to work on Wednesdays now.
In person only and random would sure be hard to buck the system… I guess people with time on their hands would be advantaged but I’d rather have that honestly

100%

All we can do at this point is hope the karma police come get the scum that ruins the game.

I do know a bunch of linemen around the state... find out where Orion's system is running we can see what we can do about killing his power every Wednesday in August. I doubt it is being run on a laptop.

Thrill you get the tags Orion let’s you get, he is the matrix…
Hum - Sounds like it. The more we find out about the system/game the uglier the truth is. I only have one tag left for this hunting season that I am looking for and fully expect it to surface in the next month. Hopefully it is not on Orion's client list!

Prove it. Show us what you got today. I call BS. Beating the captcha has very little to do with getting a tag any more. Everyone gets load to cart and sometimes you are the lucky fast one. It is more like a lottery now for the dedicated ones which I think is a fair system. You try hard and you are in the lottery.

Prove it. Show us what you got today. I call BS. Beating the captcha has very little to do with getting a tag any more. Everyone gets load to cart and sometimes you are the lucky fast one. It is more like a lottery now for the dedicated ones which I think is a fair system. You try hard and you are in the lottery.
I’d be curious how it really helps too. im not very tech savvy so it may be a a dumb question.

If one was really making this kind of money off CPW reissue automation, would one talk about it openly in such a way as to instigate the shutdown of his business operation.

Something doesn’t smell right.

Reminds me of how someone wrote on several message boards about a real great upcoming state park deer hunt in their state and how they had seen several 10 pointers while scouting it.

The plan worked, as it decreased the draw odds by 2 points on the state park they were really trying to draw…lol

Congrats on a great business idea, but it does suck for us that can't afford to play. What's even more frustrating, is why was there even a 76 archery tag on the list this week if it was turned in 30 days before season? I know CPW called the next few in line for the tag, but that shouldn't take more than a couple days to do. I'm guessing there will be archery tags on next week's list as well after season has started?

I think the skepticism you and others have is a bit "head in the sand". As someone that had incredible success before the system had changed, I felt that someone had come up with automation that gave them the upper hand and I'm learning I am right.

I'm not a programmer but have a good understanding of how computer automation can work. If someone has found a way to bypass the captcha, they can ping the CPW webpage multiple times a second looking for the tag to come available. The only factor limiting this is the ping and response time between the users computer and the CPW webpage. This could be hundreds of time a second. Once a tag become available, a program could recognize it and add to cart faster than a human could physically see it and tell your finger to hit the mouse button.

Reminds me of how someone wrote on several message boards about a real great upcoming state park deer hunt in their state and how they had seen several 10 pointers while scouting it.

The plan worked, as it decreased the draw odds by 2 points on the state park they were really trying to draw…lol
Deep psyop, I love it. Some classic EW…. Orion makes people believe there is no chance and they quit trying, unluckily for him I’m a high functioning idiot and will never quit, but I also don’t need any tags this year so haven’t been trying

Not trying to be a wet blanket on a Orion’s business but when you are signing in as someone else… feels like you are committing a wee little bit of fraud….
Just asking for a friend - Is it legal to sign in and purchase a tag for someone else? Has anyone researched this?

Not trying to be a wet blanket on a Orion’s business but when you are signing in as someone else… feels like you are committing a wee little bit of fraud….
No need for that. People buy their own tags. The software loads on a computer as easy as microsoft office. Honestly amazing how little people know about technology, even funnier when they think they have a shot at these premium tags. Also it is perfectly legal to sign on and buy tags for others how many parents do you think log in and buy their kids tags and licenses?

That’s not fraud. People can share logins. Agents perform actions on behalf of principals every second. Business would cease to exist if principal/agency law did not allow this.

I think the skepticism you and others have is a bit "head in the sand". As someone that had incredible success before the system had changed, I felt that someone had come up with automation that gave them the upper hand and I'm learning I am right.

I'm not a programmer but have a good understanding of how computer automation can work. If someone has found a way to bypass the captcha, they can ping the CPW webpage multiple times a second looking for the tag to come available. The only factor limiting this is the ping and response time between the users computer and the CPW webpage. This could be hundreds of time a second. Once a tag become available, a program could recognize it and add to cart faster than a human could physically see it and tell your finger to hit the mouse button.

Captchas are definitely bypassable. And a good bot doesn’t even waste time to render the page visually.

All possible. Im just saying that Orion isn’t the guy doing it. The guys doing it know better than to talk about it.

No need for that. People buy their own tags. The software loads on a computer as easy as microsoft office. Honestly amazing how little people know about technology, even funnier when they think they have a shot at these premium tags. Also it is perfectly legal to sign on and buy tags for others how many parents do you think log in and buy their kids tags and licenses?
It was just a question, thanks for the answer… so I got a 2004 matthews single cam. Loaded! I will trade for a 0/1 point tag next year. What say you?

Captchas are definitely bypassable. And a good bot doesn’t even waste time to render the page visually.

All possible. Im just saying that Orion isn’t the guy doing it. The guys doing it know better than to talk about it.
Why am I not surprised that a “CA hunter” has his hand in jacking up stuff in Co?! Haha can the folks from CA leave poor old Co alone already!

No one actually doing this and making premium money would speak on the internet with such hubris as to what they are doing. Why ruin a good thing for yourself? Talk is cheap, lets see reciepts, screenshots, whatever, all on the up and up right?

TK I wish it wasn’t true… but there was a program that you could put on your phone a few years ago, which helped a ton when it was random. A co worker of mine knew the app’s creator. He told me he had the ability to put a tag in your cart 30-90 seconds before it even showed up on the CPW web page… to think it isn’t happening now is that there is more tech and more AI stuff out there is silly it is totally happening. Only way to fix it is CPW has to go to in person sales and random release or a weekly draw

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom