Leftover tag List

THEY HAVE THOSE TAGS EVERY YEAR WHY DONT THEY JUST GIVE THE TAGS TO THE KIDS IN THE FIRST PLACE I NO ALOT OF KIDS THAT DIDNT DRAW BUT YET THEY HAVE EXTRA TAGS

LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-11 AT 06:28AM (MST)[p]>THEY HAVE THOSE TAGS EVERY YEAR
>WHY DONT THEY JUST GIVE
>THE TAGS TO THE KIDS
>IN THE FIRST PLACE I
>NO ALOT OF KIDS THAT
>DIDNT DRAW BUT YET THEY
>HAVE EXTRA TAGS

Because lot's of kids didn't get put in for cow elk and that's what our state has enough of in order to create this opportunity for kids!!

These are special opportunities and I for one very much appreciate the NM G&F for doing this!

The Youth Encouragement (YE) Hunts are not extra or leftover and the number of YE tags has little to do with the applications for the regular public draw hunts.

The YE Hunts are a special second-chance effort to get kids out hunting.

The process for YE hunts is
1) Youth can apply for all other tags, just like adults.
2) If Youth doesn't draw elk or deer or antelope or ibex or bighorn only then can Youth try to get a YE tag.

See p. 40 of the proclamation.

Very few of these youth elk hunts ever get sold out of tags. The way that NM G & F has set the eligibility rules for these tags results in very few youth that can actually pick one up. For instance, my daughter drew a deer tag this year so she is not able to get one of these tags, even though there may be 35 tags available when the hunt starts. I do like that NM is very youth friendly, but they could open up the rules on these a little IMO.

jeff

>Very few of these youth elk
>hunts ever get sold out
>of tags. The way
>that NM G & F
>has set the eligibility rules
>for these tags results in
>very few youth that can
>actually pick one up.
>For instance, my daughter drew
>a deer tag this year
>so she is not able
>to get one of these
>tags, even though there may
>be 35 tags available when
>the hunt starts. I
>do like that NM is
>very youth friendly, but they
>could open up the rules
>on these a little IMO.
>
>
>jeff

+1!!

I live in AZ, but my oldest son (and I) had a VERY positive experience a few years ago on an E/S youth elk hunt. AZ has some pretty decent youth opportunities, but in comparison, it appears that NM out-does AZ a bit..... ;-)

I think next year I'll get on the ball and get my youngest two kids put-in for a NM elk or pronghorn hunt!

S.

:)

IT WOULD HAVE TO BE A BULL TAG BECAUSE STARTING NEXT SEASON THE COW TAGS ARE ALL STAYING IN NEW MEXICO

Lighten up. Take a kid huntin'. YE tags are an extra chance for kids that didn't draw and dads that don't want to have to buy landowner tags to get their kids in the woods. Try to remember what it's like to be 11 or 12 years old and fresh out of hunter safety and you can't sleep for two months because deer season is coming up, sorry bud, you didn't draw anything, at least you have call of duty and family guy to get you through...screw that, I wish it was legal to transfer tags to your children or minors under your supervision, every elk I help a youngin get is worth five to me

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom