LET'S TALK ELECTRIC/OBAMA VEHICLES???

It’s a conservative estimate. I have two big bad trucks that need to last me a few more years. I find it funny how some will ridicule the way others spend their money. We say some things to each other on the computer we would never say to each other in person. Most of us would punish our children if we heard them talking the way some do. Thank God everybody is free to do what they want.

Hey Homer?

You Gonna Lower The 30K Load down on it?
Yeah elk I wanna see this experiment too. Let’s see how his new electric Chevy truck will pull a load and how long it’ll pull that load without needing recharged. I’ll volunteer a gooseneck and a load of cows on it to do the experiment with. All we need now is the truck

I assume the 65k price is for a Tesla? There are plenty of EV options for way cheaper. The Nissan Leaf is under 35k. If you save $20 a day 5 days a week for 52 weeks = $5200 per year. That’s not a small amount. They can be cost effective in the right situations if you do the math. But most people whether buying gas or electric want a vehicle they can pretend makes them cooler. The fact is if your a d-bag it won’t matter if your Lamborghini is rolling coal or electric. Your still just a d-bag.

I assume the 65k price is for a Tesla? There are plenty of EV options for way cheaper. The Nissan Leaf is under 35k. If you save $20 a day 5 days a week for 52 weeks = $5200 per year. That’s not a small amount. They can be cost effective in the right situations if you do the math. But most people whether buying gas or electric want a vehicle they can pretend makes them cooler. The fact is if your a d-bag it won’t matter if your Lamborghini is rolling coal or electric. Your still just a d-bag.
It is called a Leaf for HELL SAKES!

Exactly. Folks who are buying EVs are just keeping up with the jones. Status symbol...

I doubt they really bought it to save "money". Who in in their right mind wake up and say "hey, today is the day I want to spend $65K for an EV so I can save $20 in gas"!

My wife is pushing me to get her one. And no, not because she wants to save gas $$.
There is quite a tax benefit….

I’ve never owned a $100 per ton horse….. that’s how long ago I got rid of mine. The 4x4 side by side was more expensive to buy but it eats a lot less.

I’ve never owned a $100 per ton horse….. that’s how long ago I got rid of mine. The 4x4 side by side was more expensive to buy but it eats a lot less.
Dang straight!! One of my best days was watching our 8 horses go over the cattle guard in somebody else's trailer! 3 girls were mad as hell but I had a internal smile!! Once they got on their new side by side they were pretty happy until the next weekend's jackpot. Horses are expensive as all hell but I have always missed grabbing a 6 pack and hanging out with them. I am convinced they understand English.

I still like riding horses have you seen the price of Hay and oats?
Out on my grandpas/uncles farm that I work/help on they’ve been feeding at least 39 bales a day all winter long and still feeding that much until they go on the mountain. A semi load is 36 bales if that tells you anything. Add in a couple more bales a week for the horses too.

It’s a conservative estimate. I have two big bad trucks that need to last me a few more years. I find it funny how some will ridicule the way others spend their money. We say some things to each other on the computer we would never say to each other in person. Most of us would punish our children if we heard them talking the way some do. Thank God everybody is free to do what they want.
? amen you horse face! Amen ?

Ain't Nothin FREE in this World!

A Bunch of Them Grabbin the Leases on Solar Fields!

These Pump Jacks are UGLY!

Just Waiting For All The GREENIES To Pipe Up & Tell us How Perty These SOLAR Fields are!

They are looking at building a couple of solar fields near me. Not much doubt they are scams. We have 60 days of sunshine a year and 305 days of clouds. It’s not the power companies doing them. Get investors and tax credits, make their money building them and then move on.
I talked to guy that works for the power company and they are investing in windmills. They think that’s where the future is.

I need a vehicle that has more than a 250 mile range. If I have to buy two vehicles to get that then I’m not going to save enough on gas to pay for the second vehicle.

When they start making a half ton 4 wheel drive truck that has a 500 mile range and will charge in 15 minutes I will be in. They say they are on the brink of new battery technology that will do that but they have been saying that for five years and it hasn’t happened. It will probably happen sometime in the future but I may be dead by then.

Donner or Echo Summit, hmmm, maybe not!!!

117E3526-B0A1-4215-ABB7-3BAD9328AA3F.jpeg

I’ve probably driven in a couple thousand snow storms in my life and I’ve never been stuck in one. Besides when I was six years old my mother taught me to never go out in the snow without my coat, boots and mittens on. I wouldn’t need to use my battery to stay warm.

Ya!

I've Heard That Before!

I’ve probably driven in a couple thousand snow storms in my life and I’ve never been stuck in one. Besides when I was six years old my mother taught me to never go out in the snow without my coat, boots and mittens on. I wouldn’t need to use my battery to stay warm.

Did you ever ride in an old air cooled Volkswagen Beetle in the winter. It was common to drive with one hand and keep the ice cleaned off the inside of the windshield with the other.

Did you ever ride in an old air cooled Volkswagen Beetle in the winter. It was common to drive with one hand and keep the ice cleaned off the inside of the windshield with the other.
I drove my sisters my sophomore year at NAU in Flagstaff. :oops:

Yep! I kept a rag on the passenger seat just for that reason.

We were snowed in on an elk hunt in 1996. I don’t care how many coats, boots or mittens you have on, it was miserable.

Everyone crying about a 65k electric car, last I checked a gas car isn't free. so you might factor that into your rant.

Eel, better to speak Russian than see gas prices rise for a while ? either democracy is worth saving or it's not chose a side.

Last edited:
Nobody in this country is going to speak Russian unless they want to. Ukraine has exposed just how bad and outdated the Russian military is. They worry people only with their Nuke capability.

No need to see gas prices rise here when we have more of it than any country on the planet. We’ve had extremely poor Homeland Security management from our politicians for decades.

Everyone crying about a 65k electric car, last I checked a gas car isn't free. so you might factor that into your rant.

Eel, better to speak Russian than see gas prices rise for a while ? either democracy is worth saving or it's not chose a side.
Yeah, they said that about Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan too. Sorry if I sound pessimistic.

You guys don't understand what the push for the electric car is all about. It's not about co2. It's not about the environment. It's about herd control. When they want to lock this b1tch down like Shanghai all they have to do is cut the power and your stuck where they want you unless you want to use manpower.
I agree with this statement... (I just threw up in my mouth a little)

I think its as much about reducing freedom as anything else, and likely more so. Electric vehicles are and will be far more restrictive on where and when we can travel. Car manufacturers are already starting to force us to buy vehicles we don't necessarily want. In 10 years, it'll be worse, and in 20, who knows where it could be...

So…… is there a decent conspiracy theory I can brush up on……. that will explain the acute and timely shortage of parts to build and deliver petroleum fueled vehicles?

Prequalifier is the theory can’t include any nonsense including or inferring to a shortage of computer chip parts……if that makes sense.

It may including the obvious “encouragement” to buy e-mobile products however.

It’s might also include a hypothesis that perpetually empty traditional car lots enhance e-mobile sales…….

I’ve heard ancient alien theorists may say, “Yes!”

Yeah, they said that about Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan too. Sorry if I sound pessimistic.
I think he's saying you're a Putin stooge & un-American if you can't suffer through paying more at the pump to save the globalist version of democracy.
Pre-Putin invasion, oil was roughly $97 a barrel which is roughly where is right where it's at now......
Oil Nov. 2020 $38.25 per barrel

I am considering one. With solar panels on the house I can charge a vehicle at my convenience and never have to stop for fuel. Sure, I will have to pay to replace batteries, but it is either that or fuel and oil changes. No real difference there. They are expensive, but so was the Ram 2500, the F-250--even the Toyota was not cheap. As for a runabout for my wife I like the idea. The only downside is sending more money to Elon Musk.

Last edited:
I think he's saying you're a Putin stooge & un-American if you can't suffer through paying more at the pump to save the globalist version of democracy.
Pre-Putin invasion, oil was roughly $97 a barrel which is roughly where is right where it's at now......
Oil Nov. 2020 $38.25 per barrel

Man, I miss those days of $40 per barrel, when every business in the country was shut down and no body had any reason to buy fuel. That was a GOOD turkey season...

Last edited:
I read that battery life is reduced 41% when the temperature is 20 degrees or colder and you use the heater. Charging time is also longer in cold weather. I wonder how that would work when temperatures drop below 0.

I'm afraid EV's will be like smart phones or computers. You buy the latest one and, in a few years, they come out with new improved model, making the one you bought almost worthless.

That's why I'm waiting for the iPhone 25 and Windows 20 before I upgrade.

I was just traveling on 80 going to Utah last week and Valmy Nevada now has a great big solar field right next to the coal fired power plant ( Huge )

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom