Looking At Bows For My Wife

quest

Very Active Member
I'm looking to buy a bow for my wife and was wondering if anyone would like to share there thoughts on there pics and why? Oh my wife is not very big person.

quest

I would look into the hoyt vicxen or the mission series by mathews. Both are great bows and good FPS in shorter DL.

Quest lots of good bows out there in the major brands.
Do a little computer surfing research and checkout the spec's on bow weights. Then take your wife to shoot a few at a shop and see what fits and she likes best. Since she is small she would be best fit in a lighter bow. Her experiences in the field will be much better if she isn't luging around a heavy bow.

The bows mentioned above are good bow's. I was looking at a Diamond and a PSE for my Grandson. He is still very small and we chose the PSE Chaos series because it was the lightest we could find in a quality bow. Smooth shooting little bow that is ajustable and you can purchase different limbs up to 60#. You may be looking for more of an bigger type bow but the bow weight goes up quickly. Some Manufactures say there bows are light but don't give actual numbers unless you press for them. Those are usually the guys that make the heavier bows....

Depending on your budjet once you know more about several bows you may be able to pick up a good pre-owned all set up ready to shoot on-line and save $$$ but you need to know your bows and quality accessories...just a thought.

If you go the "new" route. We have always found that it is best to purchase a bow as "bow only" and build it with parts that fit your pocket book to get the best quality possible. Most package deals usually have poor quality rests and sights and you wind up replaceing them down the road anyway. Then the "package" junk winds up in the closet.

))))-------->

Check out the Diamond Razor. I got one early last year for my son who at the time was a scrawny 13yr old and now is a well matured 15 year old. The bow has done well for him. Smooth as silk, whisper quiet, impressively fast, easy to use and adjust, and very forgiving. I think this will be a bow he will even be able to use as an adult. Full speed is 310fps and max poundage is 60. Then not to forget the price is fair too. Good luck!

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Go to a pro shop and have them measure her for correct fit with the brands they sell. All bows draw lengths are not created equal and you must know that to get her fitted correctly! Have her shoot several models if possible to find one she likes.

#1 rule don't overbow your wife or she won't use it. A good quality 35-50 lb bow will work just fine and kill any elk or deer she will ever hunt just make sure it's poundage legal for most states and she can work up as she progresses. They are making some great short bows today with good cams that are easy to pull, that will work great for her. Arrow selection is better than ever and there are rests that will work fine at many different price points. You have been given some good suggestions and just keep it simple and easy for her and you'll have a hunting companion for life.

We just picked up a Bowtech Soldier for my girlfriend . She shot a bunch of them and we had it narrowed down to the soldier and the Diamond Razor . In the end she felt the Bowtech shot better , and I liked the idea it had a lot range for adjustments and she could grow in to the bow and up the poundage .
1137bow.jpg

7862bow.jpg

7244bow2.jpg

There we go , I fixed the picture . Also I forgot to mention the Bowtech Soldier was a package that came with a decent site for a beginer shooter .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom