Looking for cougar help

Extrapale

My dad has a nevada license burning a hole in his pocket and would like to put it to good use on a cougar. We have dogs, and prefer the northern part of the state. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have Oregon deer and elk info to trade, or montana deer info if that would help. Thanks

I hunted near Gerlach to the Cali border last year and also in 2001 and seen plenty of cat sign and deer kills.

Ed

46b1f47c1fa8a675.jpg

032...the last time I was in there the place was stinking with cat. On the road to Onion reservoir we would would see cat tracks on the main road from the night before. 5 yrs ago a buddy of mine was in there with a rifle deer tag and he said he saw more cat tracks than he saw deer. I am willing to bet nothings changed since the deer tag numbers haven't really gone up, cats keep em thinned out.

yep, they like it in there and thats the place I was talking about. Ive come across deer kills and every thing else right where your saying Sherman.

I know you said Northern Nv, but here is one for Central/Southern. This weekend I hiked up to Mt jefferson out of Pine Creek and about 2 to 3 miles up I started seeing cat prints on the trail. That was Saturday. On the way back down Sunday right in the middle of the trail was a deer leg. I looked around and in the brush was the remains of what looked like a small doe.
He must have been feasting on it through the night only feet from the trail.
If you don't use the info maybe someone else will.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom