Low Bull:Cow Ratios?

brookhunter19

When doing research on Utah, it looks like most of the data out there is showing that Utah has low Bull:Cow ratios, for example 20 bulls to every 100 cows.....

For example, when I look at Arizona & New Mexico, those two states have many units that have much higher bull to cow ratios....

Can anybody weigh their opinion on if the Utah bull:cow data is accurate, and how much of impact does it have on the hunting experience?

It looks like Utah has comparable harvest success to the other "trophy states", even though supposedly the bull to cow ratios are lower in Utah.....

Thanks!

brookhunter

Le or open bull?

I hunt north slope for elk. Super low ratio. In 8 days archery, I saw 3 elk. We hunts transition area, I assume elk were in high country wilderness still.

In 5 days rifle I saw one 6 point. He's at the taxidermist courtesy of my 12 now 13 yr old.

That unit you don't see many elk. We are usually a few miles plus in,. Funny thing, at least where we are, when you do see elk, they are bulls half the time.

So. Open bull I'm not sure the correlation.

LE. Those ratios seem low.

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom