lowa boots

cabinfever

Very Active Member
I purchased a pair of lowa sheep hunters about 4 years ago and have used them pretty hard on many hunts throughout the west.Hands down, the best boot I have ever owned! After 4 years they started to show some wear and after finding a good deal on line for the Lowa Tibets I purchased them. On an elk hunt this year, the toe of the left boot inverted. I tried to no avail to get the inversion to pop out. The boot was slightly out of the 1 year warranty period, however, I had only used them just a couple of times so I figured I'd give Lowa a call and see if I had any options. Naturally, they had me send in the boot for inspection and after a couple of weeks I got a call saying they were going to replace them. They said they were out of the tibets at the moment, but allowed me to upgrade to the hunter extreme for a nominal fee.Excellent customer service.

Note: I believe the toe inversion was a fluke deal on the tibets. I have never heard of anyone having this same problem and since the tibets are essentially the same boot as the sheep hunters and hunter extremes, I would not hesitate to buy them again. Another side note. Lowa is no longer producing the sheep hunter for schnees, however, the hunter extreme is the same boot and is still in production.

I've had 3 pairs of Lowa Renegades. My first pair I left on the deck for a couple weeks and the sun toasted them. Don't do that. I've still got pairs 2 & 3. They're the most comfortable boots I've worn. No break-in required.

KTG
It's amazing there is no break-in required on these boots. I'm heading to AK this next fall for sheep, and decided I better do a little more research on boots. Turns out Lowa had one of the strongest following with sheep hunters than any other boot. Looks like I'll be sticking with what I got for many years to come.

I am a very big Lowa fan so what you are saying about customer service and quality products does not surprise me in the least.

Can't compare the Renegades to the Rangers, Tibets or Hunters, very different boots. Like comparing a Ford explorer to a Jeep Rubicon. Both are a mode of trans and four wheel drive but that is where the similarities end.

Inverted toe??????? You mean like a dent in the toe box? How did you do that?

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

I noticed a fair amount of blood on the boot from butchering an elk. That night they were set near a sheep herders stove (not real close). I wonder if a combination of the blood on the toe box and the warmth from the fire loosened the leather sufficent to cause the collapse. I really don't know what else it could have been. I'm not a boot engineer, so it's nothing more than a guess. Is this the part where you tell me it was user error and that you shouldn't get blood on boots nor wear them in brushy country!

No, only you really know what you did with them but I don't see how they could just collapse unless there was some kind of materials defect. Blood shouldn't effect them because it, like water, wouldn't have soaked through. Heat, however, can do enormous damage.

I have not seen or heard of that sort of thing with any of the Lowas but I have seen something similar when people have been stepped on by horses. The weight crushed the toe box and it never regained its original shape and pretty much ruined the boots.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

I'm not sure I'll ever no why it happened. Just wanted to give praise to Lowa for exceptional customer service.

Thats great to hear. I too have a pair of the Sheep Hunters that I bought for my first sheep hunt back in 2004. The're still good shape. I've been debating on getting either the Tibets or the Renegades for early season bow hunting. Thanks for the info.

Jerad

If you like your sheep hunters you'll love the tibets.Tibets are the same boot as the sheep hunters with a little shorter upper and no insulation.

I have a pair of sheep hunters and lately they have been really tearing up my heals when hiking up steep hills. Wondering what it could be? any thoughts??

And they didn't give you and problems before? Pedal edema or some other kind of a medical issue. You have put on weight. Different socks. Your aging and your feet are spreading out. You have developed Haglands desease. Could be any number of things.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

What sock are you useing?

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

Smartwools with a liner underneath.
I checked my socks and they are worn thin in the heal.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom