Lucky Colorado

That’s great news! About time CO reintroduces animals that were once native like wolves instead of non native animals like mt goats and moose.

Hopefully they get some grizzly bears next.

#MCGA!!

Dubbed the North Park pack, the group was identified in 2020, almost as if they were aware of the contentious referendum headed for voters in November of that year

My God these people are shameless

Hmmm... Is Utah next? About the only state left with viable habitat without a managed population or an initiative to get one.

(I don't count California- because, well, it's California)

“The plan's goal of 150 packs, totaling a population of 750 wolves, "is not a cap, but a minimum requirement for future state delisting from 'threatened' to 'nongame' status”

Scary statement

“The plan's goal of 150 packs, totaling a population of 750 wolves, "is not a cap, but a minimum requirement for future state delisting from 'threatened' to 'nongame' status”

Scary statement
They’ll never reach it. Ask Washington state

Scary statement
I missed "nongame status"- LOL! Of course, considering the source (with the likes of CBD), not at all surprising.

The same people that voted for this initiative are the ones that yell at Yellowstone park rangers to “do something” when wolves or a grizz are taking down an elk or bison in the park within public view. They cry for that poor animal and want the rangers to protect them. We’ve all seen the videos.

750 wolves MINIMUM on the west slope? Yep, get ready out there in the Basin bessy!

The same people that voted for this initiative are the ones that yell at Yellowstone park rangers to “do something” when wolves or a grizz are taking down an elk or bison in the park within public view. They cry for that poor animal and want the rangers to protect them. We’ve all seen the videos.

750 wolves MINIMUM on the west slope? Yep, get ready out there in the Basin bessy!
Can someone do the math on that…..wondering how many deer/elk a year that is?

I mean, Shirley it isn’t 10% of the herd or anything like that :oops:

Per the all-knowing internet, 31%:

"In the 2019 Wisconsin example, gray wolves (also known as timber wolves) were responsible for 31% of all deer killed by either human hunters or timber wolves in Wisconsin’s entire North Woods, which encompasses several million acres across 17 counties. In 2019 alone, an estimated 48,851 deer were killed — 33,571 by gun-hunters and 15,280 by wolf predation in the following counties: Iron, Ashland, Douglas, Forest, Vilas, Sawyer, Price, Bayfield, Lincoln, Florence, Oneida, Langlade, Burnett, Rusk, Taylor, Washburn, Marinette and Oconto. The data was released this week by the group called Wisconsin Wolf Facts.

Wolves killed more deer than did hunters in Iron, Jackson, Douglas and Forest counties. The heaviest predation occurred in Douglas County, where wolves killed an estimated 2,260 whitetails. Gun-hunters in that county only took home 1,790 deer this year."

Or, to make it more "mathy"- wolves need about 9 pounds of red meat per day per wolf on average. Figure an average deer has about 75 pounds of red meat. Each wolf needs about 44 deer per year. 44 x 750 = 33,000 deer. Of course, they eat other things (like elk)- so you can discount that to your heart's content.

A little more math:

Colorado had a deer hunter harvest of about 30,000. Elk harvest of 37,000. So let's say those wolves killed 10,000 deer, and 10,000 elk (since elk are 2X size of a deer at least). Yep-25-30% of the current hunter harvest.

Have it from a very reliable source ( trustworthy bow shop owner) who was at a meeting where the “first gentleman” flat out said when we get enough wolves, we won’t need hunters in Co anymore, how will the CPW trick people into buying all those tags they issues when the numbers are down? I’m just most excited for all the human wolf interactions, we will learn so much! Like are they just big fluffy doggies that want belly rubs? I’m sure no one will ever have a negative encounter especially if they are wearing a wolf t-shirt when they bump into them

Have it from a very reliable source ( trustworthy bow shop owner) who was at a meeting where the “first gentleman” flat out said when we get enough wolves, we won’t need hunters in Co anymore, how will the CPW trick people into buying all those tags they issues when the numbers are down? I’m just most excited for all the human wolf interactions, we will learn so much! Like are they just big fluffy doggies that want belly rubs? I’m sure no one will ever have a negative encounter especially if they are wearing a wolf t-shirt when they bump into them
BS

Utah's safe. BGF built that forcefield on the border with all the $$$ we gave them.

Literally the only tax payer funded expense I know of that can’t be publicly audited. We have absolutely no idea how the money was spent and the legislature voted to keep it secret. WTPho?

I know of no other government expense that isn’t allowed to be publicly audited. Crazy, for sure! Nothing to see here…

Speaking of crazy: 750+ wolves on the west slope of Colorado. We people really are dumb.

A little more math:

Colorado had a deer hunter harvest of about 30,000. Elk harvest of 37,000. So let's say those wolves killed 10,000 deer, and 10,000 elk (since elk are 2X size of a deer at least). Yep-25-30% of the current hunter harvest.
I found somethong online that said 1.8 deer/month/woof.

That works out to something like 16,000 critters per year.

I saw something else that said the Yellerstone wolves - with numbers of 500 ish apparently?- eat between 8,000 and 11,000 elk per year.

I feel much better knowing the ones here will starve long before reaching objectives.

And I have no doubt that our state government and the libtards that live here would relish the opportunity to end sport hunting in Colorado.

Your Math didn't include the cows, sheep, horses, goats, moose, and other wildlife that will a part the killing they will do.

Ya- it's a math exercise, not a scientific projection. Any way you look at it, wolves eat a lot of red meat. If a plan is going to be enacted, and I were a Colorado hunter, I would press for goals far below the 750 touted by the likes of CBD. If Wyoming can be "successful" with half that, why not Colorado?

Hey- maybe Colorado can train the wolves to just eat cows! Then, a fund can be set up to offset the costs. Tax the residents on the eastern front (or whatever they call Denver these days) since they were the ones who wanted it most.:cool:

They can keep there greens ?

FBE27C7D-8358-41C8-AF41-18395BB300C6.gif

I found somethong online that said 1.8 deer/month/woof.

That works out to something like 16,000 critters per year.

I saw something else that said the Yellerstone wolves - with numbers of 500 ish apparently?- eat between 8,000 and 11,000 elk per year.

I feel much better knowing the ones here will starve long before reaching objectives.

And I have no doubt that our state government and the libtards that live here would relish the opportunity to end sport hunting in Colorado.
Think you better take 60-70% off there, bud.

16-22 elk a year per wolf, assuming all they eat are elk.

Yellowstone wolf population:

5dc8b3c792f9c.webp

Has sport hunting come to an end in Wyoming? Montana? Idaho?

Think you better take 60-70% off there, bud.

16-22 elk a year per wolf, assuming all they eat are elk.

Yellowstone wolf population:

5dc8b3c792f9c.webp

Has sport hunting come to an end in Wyoming? Montana? Idaho?
Lots of conflicting stuff out there……I was using something for “greater Yellowstone”, whatever that means. I don’t take much comfort knowing the target population here in the desert is 3x that of the park.

The wolves probably won’t kill sport hunting here…..the urban liberals will. And don’t you worry, they’re headed your way soon. They would already be there if it weren’t for the snow and wind.

Lots of conflicting stuff out there……I was using something for “greater Yellowstone”, whatever that means. I don’t take much comfort knowing the target population here in the desert is 3x that of the park.

The wolves probably won’t kill sport hunting here…..the urban liberals will. And don’t you worry, they’re headed your way soon. They would already be there if it weren’t for the snow and wind.
Sounds like you have some work to do. Best get to it.

WY, MT, and ID didn't get wolf management by crying on the 'net.

You sound like someone that should take the lead, lots of folks in MT, WY, ID willing to lend advice and help.

Sounds like you have some work to do. Best get to it.

WY, MT, and ID didn't get wolf management by crying on the 'net.

You sound like someone that should take the lead, lots of folks in MT, WY, ID willing to lend advice and help.
You misoverestimate my level of interest in woof management. I’m far more concerned with the liberals‘ ambitions.

And I look forward to the livestock mens renewed interest in our wildlife populations. They got some meat in the game now.

Unlike MT, ID, & WY you will not be able to hunt wolves Colorado. Without a cultural change I'd venture to say "forever".

Polis's partner absolutely is progressing to end hunting and has made statements towards this. Colorado in their minds is a nature preserve.

Last edited:
Unlike MT, ID, & WY you will not be able to hunt wolves Colorado. Without a cultural change I'd venture to say "forever".

Polis's partner absolutely is progressing to end hunting and has made statements towards this. Colorado in their minds is a nature preserve.
An excuse to do nothing...I heard that same crap in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming.

Get involved and have hunting part of your state management plan.

Buzz not making excuses, but MT, Wyo, and ID, are still way more conservative and hunter friendly on whole than Co. CO’s population has damn near doubled since 2008 and the majority moving here have been hostile to the traditional western lifestyle, but like another poster said, don’t worry they are headed north soon… I will fight like heck to make sure hunting is apart of the management plan, but if you look at the CPW counsel, which makes the rules for Co and are appointed by the governor, you quickly see how they are all political favor appointments, and it’s a joke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom