Making a TV show

A

andrewdettling

Do you guys think lettin' lead fly is a good name for a hunting show? If not do you have any suggestions for a name?

A big turn off for me. How about something more basic and easier to cover a wide range of locations, topics and techniques?

"Season of the Hunt" ?

My first thought was oh great more inbreds with guns. The name should match the theme of the show. Most American hunting shows could get by with that name. Maybe "Hootin and Shootin".

That name is the prob with our industry now days...Less redneck and more, well, less redneck

Traditional >>>------->

"Only as good as the guide makes me", if you want honesty. Or maybe "Trigger Puller".

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

Ya!

Lettin the Lead Fly kinda shhitt Ain't gonna cut it!

"""BLOOD,GUTS & GLORY""" is more like it!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I don't watch American hunting shows because they make me want to go out and vote to ban hunting. If they do that to someone like me who has hunted 16 states and 8 countries, what does it do to undecided voters?

Is this a joke? I cannot think of a wurst name for a hunting show. It reminds me of going out on the opener and seeing drunks out lobbing bullets at anything that moves. I have met someone who got shot on the deer hunt once by an idiot that ran away from him when he yelled that he had shot him.

I gave up 99% of hunting shows... None of them entertain me. But I do enjoy Jim Shockey. has good action and I enjoy his facts throughout the show.

LETTIN LEAD FLY? to me it sounds like duck hunting show

Also to help choose a name is the show going to be all game or birds or snipe hunting or maybe some fishing also???

I agree. I think "One Shot,One Kill" is more like it. We are already portrayed as morons who just unload our firearms at anything that moves, and I think having us portrayed as a little more cautious and responsible is probably in our best interest. Not that I care that much about what antis think; I just think portraying us as more humane, methodical, and responsible is probably better. I do a lot of hunting with a muzzleloader, and I really like it because you will probably only get one shot, and you have to make it count. I think you are more responsible when taking a shot if it's probably going to be the only one you get.

If that's the only name you could come up with then I probably won't watch it no matter what you end up calling it. Already sounds like a crappy show.

....is the movie about letting lead fly??

1283eagle_government.jpg

The one bad thing about hunting and recording your outdoor experiences is that a high precentage of you don't know how to do it correctly. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but it's true.
I would say two out of ten that try get it somewhat right,and that's being conservative. Twenty five years plus of hunting experience, media experience, camera work, audio, lighting, editing and composition lets me say this. My side job has me critiquing videos that hunters and sportsman put together,we are a panel of five that watch these shows and then let certain sponsors and advertising agencies know if they are worth putting money in to. online courses and listening to a "guide/videographer" for a day doesn't help you. 90% of the stuff I see is barely suitable for youtube.

Just sayin'

arch3614elk, I can't agree with your characterization of the amateur recordings. Most of the stuff that passes as TV shows and reality hunting shows nowadays on cable channels is over-hyped, over-staged, re-enacted, over-edited junk, made almost exclusively for the purpose of selling products. Comparing those to some of the "amateur" videos and photography that I see posted here, I prefer the amateur stuff in most cases. There are too many to name here, but just a couple examples are any videos done by C3 (Pete Carney) and any pics done by buglinbilly (Bill Allard).

A big shortcoming with the "celebrity" videos is they don't seem to understand they're doing a video. When half the footage is tediously-long, talking face sequences, they've completely missed the point, which is to tell a story in video. If I want words, I'll read a book!

Sure there's some low-grade stuff done by the amateurs. But at least they're not relentlessly shoving product endorsements in our faces ;-)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom