Manitou Springs Incline

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
On another site I frequent, a member posted a photo of the Manitou Springs Incline. I had never heardof it even when I lived in Colo. So I did a google search. What an undertaking. It currently has 2,744 steps from the bottom to the summit and gains 2,011 feet of elevation in a little less than a mile.

Anyone here ever climb it??

Here's one photo I found of many:

1623439784131.png

When you have Mt. Garfield nearby you don’t need the Incline for exercise. besides, I’d have to cross the continental divide to try it.

Everything I know about CO I learned on South Park. It appears the boys missed this one, although they covered the nearby Cave of the Winds extensively.

I‘m actually surprised. They hardly ever miss a chance to mock pop culture. :cool:

I have climbed Mt. Garfield. (1963) Do it when it is dry that shale/gumbo gets pretty nasty when wet. When you get to the base of the cliff there is a game trail and you can get past the cliff on the left side when facing the Mt. I was surprised at how much vegetation there is. You can now drive right up there from De Beque. There a bunch of ferral horses...to many.

I have climbed Mt. Garfield. (1963) Do it when it is dry that shale/gumbo gets pretty nasty when wet. When you get to the base of the cliff there is a game trail and you can get past the cliff on the left side when facing the Mt. I was surprised at how much vegetation there is. You can now drive right up there from De Beque. There a bunch of ferral horses...to many.
I used to hike Mt Garfield weekly up until a couple years ago, you can drive within about a mile of the top by going up past the Cameo shooting range.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom