Maryland-style Old Bay Crab Cakes w/ Shrimp Scampi

Blank

Long Time Member
Loaded up East Coast crab cakes, with Old Bay seasoning and Panko crumbs, fresh parsley, green onions, mayo, egg, and Dijon mustard. Shrimp Scampi and OB butter sauce for both of them. Heaven on a plate!!

A433CD4B-94DD-49BB-AF45-8C69DF50060C_1_201_a.jpeg

DBB8C332-679B-47AC-A80B-53D19D16288B_1_201_a.jpeg

950C9549-54C3-4890-8EA8-94BD8AFEF955_1_201_a.jpeg

11084F8F-CCEC-4FD0-81C2-B6D602D21B1F_1_201_a.jpeg

Boy you must be cooking or looking up your next creation 24/7.
Looks taste!!
Ever think of starting your own food/cooking forum?

Maybe Founder can give you your own thread with recipes and cooking instructions. ?

One of the best meals there is I can even think of. Lump Blue Crab or Lump Dungeness Crab meat for the cakes. Some fresh lemon or dipping sauce...Nice job Blank !!!!! Woooooeee

I just try to use stuff from the pantry and fridge that others would have too, and I think we all like. I do need a dog to get rid of the failures tho! :)

I do enjoy making meals better than what some fancy expensive places do, and cheaper too

I’ve never had a crab cake? Could I do this with king crab? I have 8 lbs sitting here…
You sure can. King Crab is spectacular. I've made Salmon Cakes, Tuna Cakes and fake crab cakes. King Crab is such good stuff. My favorite is Dungeness though. Blue Crabs are too hard to get much out of and I hate to pick and pick to get a meal.
The first time I had a Crab Cake was at Phillips Seafood Restaurant at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. I had an Admiral's Platter and the best item in that magnificent platter was the Crab Cakes.
Speaking of Seafood Lobster Bisque is also a super winner in my book.

Oh wow, that would be amazing! King crab is so sweet and good, it almost feels like it would be sacrilege to use. Big chunks dipped in butter is SO good. Because the chunks would be so large, you might even want to slice them down a little. Lump crab is definitely best, and you want the strands about an inch long to help hold them all together!!

There was no king crab season in Alaska this year. First time done 92. Prices are going to skyrocket

Yes, this was canned. They had a great sale at Sam's Club on Premium lump crab, that was refrigerated, for $19.95 a pound. That's about half of normal price. I was afraid it would be full of water or shells, but it was almost dry and wonderful

Have you ever tried the imitation crab for cakes? It's often on sale here for $1.99 lb.

Not positive, but I think it's mostly pollock with crab flavoring. I often use it for dips, etc. but used it only once as meal-type fare.

I don't particularly like the imitation crab meat, and to me it always has a "tinny" taste, even tho it is usually in plastic tubs or envelopes. As a really highly processed fish product, it is basically a salt water hot dog! I will only put it in a salad where I have considerable amounts of mayo, lemon, relish, and celery. The little bit of crab I use in avocados, cakes, or filet Oscar isn't worth me trying to save a couple bucks

The stuff I buy is sold loose at the meat/seafood counter. They likely get it frozen in bulk. I agree that it's nothing like the real thing, but it'll be a long time before I pay $20 lb. for something to put in a dip. :ROFLMAO:

Like you & the girls, my spouse & I often eat different meals each night. Sometimes she buys frozen crab cakes that she'll eat when I'm consuming a steak or such. She even eats those terrible frozen entree meals.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom