Mathews or Bowtec

M

marcopolo

I am looking at buying one of the two. I would appreciate input on which one you guy's think is better, and why. Thanks!

now I have never shot a matt but I went and shot the new 09 Bowtech Admiral!! I have never shot a bow so sweet!!! I wish I could go buy it! go shoot it!

Those are two nice bows but if you havn't allready try the new Hoyt Alphamax, it sure is a shooter. Its great the quality equipment choices we have.

Mark

You need to shoot them both and decide for you. It's all personal preference. Quality will be comparable, and all are perfectly adequate to kill game at any reasonable range. Personally, I've shot some Bowtechs I liked and several that were too harsh on the draw for my preference. I love the smoothness and dead in the hand feeling of my Mathews Switchback. I've shot everything since and have yet to find another bow that is enough of an improvement to justify the cost. I also prefer the tunability of the Mathews. Again, personal preference.

Shoot every bow you can get your hands on. Heck you might find out you dont like either of your first two thoughts. When I bought my first bow last year I had a couple of ideas but shot a total of eleven different bows by Hoyt, Matthews and BowTech. I then narrowed it down to three that felt good (very important) and shot them again and again. Made a choice that I never would have guessed. So I would suggest to shoot all you can and dont be influenced by what somebody else likes or recommends.

Mark

My 2 cents worth goes like this. Went to local shop. Knew I wanted new Bow. Waited till all 3 new models came out (09). Shot Hoyt Alphamax 32 first, Bowtech Admiral second and Mathews DXT third. I currently own a Bowtech and love it. Had switched from Mathews and Pse from way back. Always liked Hoyt but new models were always heavier than I like. So back to the subject.
Anyway, the Hoyt shot awesome in everyway- 1st choice? Shot Bowtech and thought the same- awesome! Next I pickup the Mathews (which feels really good, well balanced and lite- just the way I like my bows) pull back and let it go. Terrible vibration, try again- samething. Mathews out! In shock because I thought it would be right in with the rest- NOT! So now it is between the Hoyt and the Bowtech. It is like splitting hairs in my opion except for one thing- PRICE! I feel for the money the Bowtech is a better deal because of cost. $90.00 cheaper than the Alphamax. And there is my 2 cents worth. Like the rest said earlier shoot them all and the one that feels the best go with.
With that said I will tell you this you will not be sorry with the Bowtech. The more I shoot it the more I like it!
Good Luck,
Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom